Thread: Knock with E85 on LESS timing than my 93 octane tune

Potential Tuner

Knock with E85 on LESS timing than my 93 octane tune

As title states. I played around with making an e85 tune. Drained fuel, changed Stoichometric ration in tune, Pulled 2 degrees out of 1.0 and higher air load on ignition tables and fired it up. It idled great, hovering around 2% STFT correction
    Drives great, knock sensors are adding max timing in cruise, did a WOT 4th gear pull and the knock sensors pulled 2 degrees pretty much throughout the rev range until past 6500 where it dropped to 1.8. Basically max timing was 14 degrees entire run
    How? How can i be seeing knock with more octane on less timing?
    I was reading that ethanol changes the resonance of the cylinder chamber due to a slower burn? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks guys.

If youd like the log and tune lemme know.

Advanced Tuner
    Please post tune and log so we can help

Potential Tuner
    Attached. The get any confusion out of the way, the stoichometric in tune is actually set to e70 levels, hence the e70 names. The remainder fuel in the tank is actually 93 and octanium, two weeks old.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Maybe put actual e85 in it

Advanced Tuner
    Knock resistance between E70 and E85 is negligible. Almost no one gets actual E85, it is usually e50-e70, lower in the winter. The only way you are getting E85 is if you are getting it from a track or ordering it by the barrel

OP why not just run flex fuel tune logic? Did you verify the ethanol content of what you were blending?

Remove all the Tb related channels minus accel pedal and tb angle.

Whyd you limit it to one mp? What about the odd lean knee in pe? What's the veh? Stock tune file?

Hitting cyl pressure limits and riding mbt through the pull. Kr won't add if ether of those are the source, and shouldn't if you think it through.

Id walk this back to stock on most of these tables minus any mechanical changes (fuel injectors /stoich afr etc) and start removing the limiters then build up borderline for the extra octane.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a good tune. I M me

Senior Tuner
    2 Degrees? It could just be noise. The WB is leaner than your commanded PE.. Was it richer on gas?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs