Thread: MAF Tuning

MAF Tuning

Im trying to understand how E39A ECU work on LCV engine.
    I changed dynamic high RPM Disable to 100 RPM instead of 7000 RPM ( 7000 stock RPM limiter for the car )
    to force it to work with MAF table only.
    The ECU allowed me to tune MAF table at idle and part throttle but it change nothing at wot.
    seems like there is something i need to change it to force the ecu to allowed me to tune WOT area.
    I installed 3.5" MAF housing connected to 3" intake to see if there is more air at WOT. but the only change i saw is the MAF Frequency became lower than stock and the AFR is prefect as commended PE Table with no more air at WOT.

When i leave dynamic high RPM disable 7000 as the stock file. it allow me to control fueling at wot but also i can't see any more air at wot after installing 3.5'' MAF Housing.

Is there any table i need to modify to control the fueling at wot with MAF Table?
    Or is there table allowed me to make the MAF read more air ?
    What I'm missing ?

Thank you in advance

Tuner
    If the engine is not tuned to make more power via more advanced timing than stock, it probably will not bring in more air with a bigger intake tube/ MAF since that is not a stock restriction. Increasing timing, and adjusting fueling, to the point where it doesn’t make more power will tell you if that setup will soon require more intake tube/MAF size. Other things can restrict flow such as exhaust, cam, valve size. Tune for what setup will allow then find restrictions to eliminate for more power if wanted. For WOT add fuel on PE table.
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tunercharged View Post
    If the engine is not tuned to make more power via more advanced timing than stock, it probably will not bring in more air with a bigger intake tube/ MAF since that is not a stock restriction. Increasing timing, and adjusting fueling, to the point where it doesn?t make more power will tell you if that setup will soon require more intake tube/MAF size. Other things can restrict flow such as exhaust, cam, valve size. Tune for what setup will allow then find restrictions to eliminate for more power if wanted. For WOT add fuel on PE table.
    Thank you for the reply.
    It's actually making more power with adding more timing.
    the issue which im having with this car is that the MAF not affect wot . adding or reducing fuel from MAF table.