Thread: GoPro 9 GPS data not working

Potential Tuner

GoPro 9 GPS data not working

I just purchased RaceRender Ultimate for Mac, version 3.7.3 (latest). I added an mp4 file generated by GoPro Hero 9, which contains GPS data (works flawlessly with Telemetry Overlay). When I added the file to the project, RaceRender recognized that it contains GPS/telemetry data and asked if I wanted to export and add it to the project, and I clicked yes. It generated another file with same name and suffixed "-RR_Data". I didn't report any error. I"m using the Standard-1 template, which comes with gauges for race track. However, none of the gauges or display objects, such as Speedo or Track Map, are working. They display 0 values (or a plain dot for the track map), and they don't change or move if I play in preview or render the output file.

What am I missing? is GoPro Hero 9 GPS data not supported? What else can I try?

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post a link to the video in either a Google Drive or Dropbox or something similar? Maybe there's something simple missing, or maybe the GPS didn't connect initially causing some of the initial GPS values to be at 0,0.

Tuner in Training
    I have a GoPro Hero 9 and use RaceRender all the time.
    I find that I have to turn on the GoPro for a few minutes to let it find some GPS satellites before I can record video.

Have you tried changing the template?
    Or try another mp4 file, maybe turn on your GoPro while you drive to a local grocery or drug store and use that. Testing with a small file makes it easier.