Thread: Fuel System OL-Accel and CL-Normal

Tuner in Training

Fuel System OL-Accel and CL-Normal

So when I replaced the injectors in my C5 LS1 Corvette I wound up with the injectors for the LS2. After discussion with Doug at ECS I multiplied my fuel curve by 1.08 (24.8/22.8) and wrote it back. Before having done that I did run a track day and got a log - noted that most of the time I was OL-Accel. The 2nd file is after having made the changes and there it goes into OL right about the 7min mark (when I start leaning into it a bit) - then when I back off it goes back into CL. I've figured out that OL is Open Loop and CL is Closed Loop - but looking for some insights as to why it drops out of CL (ideally it would be CL all the time?).

Around town corrected for injectors.hpl

Track day uncorrected for injectors.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jack08520 View Post
    So when I replaced the injectors in my C5 LS1 Corvette I wound up with the injectors for the LS2. After discussion with Doug at ECS I multiplied my fuel curve by 1.08 (24.8/22.8) and wrote it back. Before having done that I did run a track day and got a log - noted that most of the time I was OL-Accel. The 2nd file is after having made the changes and there it goes into OL right about the 7min mark (when I start leaning into it a bit) - then when I back off it goes back into CL. I've figured out that OL is Open Loop and CL is Closed Loop - but looking for some insights as to why it drops out of CL (ideally it would be CL all the time?).

Around town corrected for injectors.hpl

Track day uncorrected for injectors.hpl
    I have not looked at your datalogs, but you want power enrichment when you get down on the pedal for added power. Closed loop is for emissions at idle and part-throttle. Power Enrichment richens the mixture for WOT. Then there is the normally deactivated mode of lean cruise for highway fuel mileage.