Thread: GOlf 7R Overboost Problem with GT2260S turbo

Potential Tuner

GOlf 7R Overboost Problem with GT2260S turbo

Hi All,

I'm having overboost issue with the Golf 7R which with GT2260S turbo.

The turbo seems un-controllable by the electronic wastegate. I tried very hard and manage it gives WOT from 2500-5000rpm without any throttle cut in. However after 5000rpm the boost raise up to 300kps and touching the map sensor limit and the car goes to limp mode. I tried play around the wastegate setting however it doesnt make any change at all. I tried reduce the PR or TIP it also didnt help. Reduce the ATT and TTA also went to limp mode after 5000rpm. It seems the wastegate is not doing its job... And now i try to use the throttle angle to control the boost down however i cant really find the way.

Attached the files and log for your reference and see if there is any hints you guys can recommend. Log was done on Dynapack with 5th gear
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    ive done this turbo - it is not going to happen without adding a lot of tables into hp yourself.

you modified things very incorrectly for torque modeling and could probably leave most of what you did there alone and just raise airflow scalars - you put that table up to over 1000nm - where that turbo maxes at 550-600 and the rods come out at 500... att and tta tables u have 1500mg showing 800nm - thats waaaay off and will cause crazy gearbox issues. Those are models that need to be accurate. PR table way low - its not boost pressure. With PUT that way it can look for 350kpa but you have limits way lower, so why set PUT this way?

you have limits set in ecu at over 600nm, then have the gearbox 400, 500, 600 at different places - also things that dont make any sense.

Try starting with a stock file - scale the tta and att tables in, with things set reasonably and go from there.

Potential Tuner
    thanks a lot for your heads up. I've tried to tune another Golf7r in the past two days with a proper hybrid turbo and figured out the ATT and TTA more clearly.

The result is way more satisfying than that Garrett turbo. 435Whp and 550nm flat torque to 6000rpm thrn taper down for shifting.

I've spent quite sometime adjusting the ATT and TTA making not cutting out throttle till redline.

But i still find if i touch the TIP setting say 280kps at the last two row it makes something weird. Always going back to default setting and use PR for boost control it seems much reasonable.

This is the second VAG car i tuned with HP..So still learning.

Tuner in Training
    like i said - neither garrett - nor another hybrid will really be correct without a lot of work adding tables that hp does not have. The garrett is a great option and much better in a street car than most of the ching chong hybrids.