Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice on too much low end boost after factory turbo replacement.

Tuner in Training
    Well an update on the kr. I just started hearing more noise this morning. I believe some how out of extreme coincidence I have a lifter or 2 that is going/is bad at the same time I changed the turbo. Haha

I’ve always had odd and random KR with this car so maybe it’s been going bad for a while and because it knows I’ve had to put money into it lately the lifter finally gave up wants some money too. Lol. It has 188k on it so I’m sure that isn’t a bad life expectancy on the factory ones.
    Last edited by Jmaurer; 10-29-2022 at 04:46 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    If you have a ported head make sure the roof of the intake ports are cracking. The Ecotec lifter boses sit right over the runner and specifically on the LNF (Z20NHH), LDK (A20NHT), and LHU (A20NFT) there is extra material in the roof of the port to reinforce the lifter boss. Thinning it out can cause the roof to crack and the lifter to "sink" before failure.
    If your ports are stock i don't expect you to have an issue as i have only seen this in heavily ported heads.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman