Thread: MPVI3 and TDN issues

Tuner in Training

MPVI3 and TDN issues

Hello,

I was curious if anyone had experianced any issues with the new MPVI3 and Tune Delivery Network. I just purchased a custom tune from a popular source and upon attempting to load the tune I experianced a write transfer error, "Writer Transfer: x7f Negative Response Code". After reporting this to the tuner he asked what device I'm using. After informing him it was MPVI3, he immediately stated to contact HP Tuners support as there are issues with TDN and the new MPVI3 devices.
    unnamed.png

Tuner in Training
    Well support confirmed.

Thank you for contacting HPT Support.
    This is currently a known issue that our development team is working diligently to resolve.
    Currently there is no ETA on the fix as this is a day-by-day development team top priority.
    I will notify you the moment the engineers put out a new firmware release.

Yep, I had the same thing happen to me two weeks ago. Same response from support. My tuner had to actually get in touch with them and tell me about the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Two weeks ago! That's discouraging. I figured the defect was just found. I hope I'm not in for a long wait.
    Last edited by seanrdev; 10-21-2022 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by seanrdev View Post
    Two weeks ago! That's discouraging. I figured the defect was just found. I hope I'm not in for a long wait.
    There are also issues with a couple Dodge and Ford PCMs with the MPVI3. I'm sure whoever handles their R&D has their hands full with all these fixes, I know of quite a few people with vehicles in no-start situations waiting for these "bugs" to be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbankfireman View Post
    There are also issues with a couple Dodge and Ford PCMs with the MPVI3. I'm sure whoever handles their R&D has their hands full with all these fixes, I know of quite a few people with vehicles in no-start situations waiting for these "bugs" to be worked out.
    If this is correct, then mine must be one of the Ford PCM's. I was told that there was an issue with server syncing. That's what it appeared to be to me, too. The boot loader loaded up, and then my current tune was erased. That worked fine, but when the app went to download the new tune...nothing - Writer Transfer: x7f Negative Response Code.

Seemed like it couldn't pull the file from the TDN server.

Potential Tuner
    So far as what I've seen these devices are pretty much garbage. I had to get a new device e because my RTD+ went missing and these guys are keeping those devices backordered to force people to spend an extra $100. I've had my device a week initially it connected and downloaded the updates and my tunes from my original tuner. I pulled the stock file but it absolutely would not upload the file to the server afer multiple times. Now this thing won't even connect to my phone to try. I've tried resetting it and re pairing it and nothing. So now I've ordered a device that's useless and a tune from a new tuner that I can't get because this device is basically a damn brick and hptuners isn't much help at all. This is really a piss off.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtaylorjr View Post
    So far as what I've seen these devices are pretty much garbage. I had to get a new device e because my RTD+ went missing and these guys are keeping those devices backordered to force people to spend an extra $100. I've had my device a week initially it connected and downloaded the updates and my tunes from my original tuner. I pulled the stock file but it absolutely would not upload the file to the server afer multiple times. Now this thing won't even connect to my phone to try. I've tried resetting it and re pairing it and nothing. So now I've ordered a device that's useless and a tune from a new tuner that I can't get because this device is basically a damn brick and hptuners isn't much help at all. This is really a piss off.
    Same for me too. Purchased so I didn?t need a laptop, useless so far.

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

I was curious if anyone had experianced any issues with the new MPVI3 and Tune Delivery Network. I just purchased a custom tune from a popular source and upon attempting to load the tune I experianced a write transfer error, "Writer Transfer: x7f Negative Response Code". After reporting this to the tuner he asked what device I'm using. After informing him it was MPVI3, he immediately stated to contact HP Tuners support as there are issues with TDN and the new MPVI3 devices.
    unnamed.png
    Ever figure this out? Cant load my tune up either same error code

Tuner in Training

Works

Quote Originally Posted by Detroiit View Post
    Ever figure this out? Cant load my tune up either same error code
    I was able to read my stock tune a write a provided tune today with the MPVI3 and phone running TDN app. Worked with support to find out they were having trouble pushing newest firmware. They fix that on their end. After a firmware update and a resync, it now worked.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I was emailing back and forth with support and they added my MPVI3 device to a list of devices to receive a new firmware release. Now that I have it, I was able to load the tune.
    However, another issue that I didn't realize which I'm trying to verify now. When I load tunes from TDN do they lock out a lot of information. I noticed I'm unable to read a bunch of channels that I used to be able to read in VCM Scanner Suite.
    Also, I am unable to use the Editor to backup(read) the computer.

From my understanding, which is purely speculative at this point, in order to keep the tunes secret there is a way for the tuner to lock out a lot of the PIDS/ Channels. Which suck when you have an issue and you need to diagnose using the cars computer.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I was emailing back and forth with support and they added my MPVI3 device to a list of devices to receive a new firmware release. Now that I have it, I was able to load the tune.
    However, another issue that I didn't realize which I'm trying to verify now. When I load tunes from TDN do they lock out a lot of information. I noticed I'm unable to read a bunch of channels that I used to be able to read in VCM Scanner Suite.
    Also, I am unable to use the Editor to backup(read) the computer.

From my understanding, which is purely speculative at this point, in order to keep the tunes secret there is a way for the tuner to lock out a lot of the PIDS/ Channels. Which suck when you have an issue and you need to diagnose using the cars computer.
    Yeah, verified. The tune is scrambled before sending. Very interesting.