Thread: g8 GT 403 btr stage 3 cam 2.8-3.8k misfire issue

Tuner in Training

g8 GT 403 btr stage 3 cam 2.8-3.8k misfire issue

Got a misfire that will not go away on this 403. We have checked all the wires, grounds, coils, changed pig tails, injectors are brand new and have swapped them around, map sensor, more injector boundary timing, compression, so many things I am forgetting some. Everything looks good the only thing is the wideband goes kinda rich 14.1 when it misfires and it is mostly on cyl 2, 6, and 7 but it will hit all of them. It is consistent and it will do it every time from 2.8k to about 3.8k and 40-50% throttle. Until pe kicks in then it cleans up. Tried lowering pe but it will not hit pe lower than were it does. It is set to 15kpa, 40-20 tps, no delay from 2k ish and up but won't kick in till 3500+ and 50+% throttle. It will kick an ol fault sometimes. We are at a complete loss any insight?
    adjustment 16 new map.hptlog 13 new map.hpl

Tuner in Training
    did you figure it out? i have a similar issue. drives fine but higher load mid rpm it starts stumbling. miss fire count seems to be random and not specific cylinder.

Advanced Tuner
    Just a shot in the dark here but have you tried setting your PE enable pedal to all 5s across the board then use the map sensor to trigger it just as a test? Not sure if that is the root cause of the problem though considering you aren't really going that lean when it misfires

Senior Tuner
    You can't trust the misfire counters with anything other than a stock cam and even that is a stretch.

Can you floor it for a log so I can have a look?

Also try to get your wideband reporting for the next log. This one was stuck.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs