Thread: 06 Tune Review

Tuner in Training

06 Tune Review

Would anyone be willing to review my first tune. It is intended to be a daily driver/ tow tune. Any input is appreciated.

06 2500 Stock Tune.hpt
    06 2500 Base Tow Tune V2.0 Fueling Adjust.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Nobody willing to comment or review? My background is aeroderivative gas turbines in power generation. I commissioned them and map fuel curves. While it is a lot different and I am working with OE software which gives you the ability to make adjustments as intended. General concepts are the same especially with the high pressure compressors. I took the HP academy practical diesel tuning course. The tune so far has felt really good with low egt?s. I don?t think it?s much more than light tow tune. I still need to put a load behind it to see how it does.

there is a bunch of stuff not done in this tune so i suspect the thing you notice is the pedal map being adjusted that would have the same effect as a throttle booster. compare this to the stock and one you did rather than me type for 20 mins.
    this one will get you going in the right direction and should wake it up, i have been in your shoes and been lucky enough to get help so i'll gladly return the favourAttachment 125227
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for taking a look and the advice. I will compare the files when I get a chance. I did add 5 mm3 in a few areas on the throttle map. I decided not to go very high for the moment to see response and the ability to build boost at higher altitude.

not a problem that tune should work better with the changes i made, mostly mode 1 as that's what mode you had set it always run at. if you wat to derate it with elevation you'll have to adjust the operation mode then scale back each mode maps through out the tune. that will depend on how high you are going etc
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Advanced Tuner
    Curious if anyone has a clue as to the code modifications shown in the OS tab of this calibration.

Cummins Toonin and Cummins Toonin Too...

Seems likely to be some custom user defined parameter stuff, and this isn't the first file I've seen with those OS mods.

Tuner in Training
    I have Beta version 5.1.144 and do not show that under OS. I did find a post talking about it and the HP tuner engineer said it was old code modification and they did not recommend installing it.