Thread: Misfire on a couple cylinders

Misfire on a couple cylinders

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to look at or check. I have cylinder 2 and 4 that are getting a lot of misfires. 4 more so then 2 but 2 is still getting a lot. I have put new plugs in both. Swapped coil on plug from 4 with another one and didn't see to make a difference. I swapped 2 and 3. Number 3 only had 4 misfires on it. Number 3 didn't go up and number 2 still stayed high on misfires. Not sure what else to check. I was hoping someone might have seen this before or have some thoughts as what to look at.

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    What injectors? Did you try swapping those around and seeing if the issue follows?

I have FID2000. I have not. I was just thinking about that this morning also that I should try that. I will give that a shot.

murfie I think you were correct I moved some around and still getting them but not as bad. Question for you or anyone. If you have to big of injectors can that cause misfires. These FID2000 injectors are bosch core injectors just like ID's. They told me that I was going to do pump gas and also be moving to E85 and with the horse power I was looking at would be what I should go with. He said it would almost be to big for pump gas but good for my goals. However I was talking with a tuner and he said he would not have gone with those at the biggest ID17000 that those 2000 are to big for that engine. So I am wondering if my misfires are because those injectors being to big. I also dropped the pressure to 40 because he said with those big injectors on pump gas you don't need that much pressure. Will help save the pumps and injectors. Anyone every had this happen with to big of injectors?
    Last edited by mlecy; 10-16-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Seems like it might be something with the data. I went back to the data from the vendor instead of what I got from the injectors being tested and flowed. The misfires went down greatly.

Tuner in Training
    if your car have manule transmission and you reomved the flywheel , You should make reprogarm relearn crankshaft sensor

It is and I did a relearn a while back but had issues getting it to work. So I might try that again and see if it help.

Tuner in Training
    your engine car 5.0? module?

From a 2014 GT500 so it is the 5.8

It looks like the relearn worked and fixed it. I had done it before but it would not either learn or it worked and didn't make a difference. This time it worked on the first try and also now is not showing misfire anymore. So I must have other issues before that was causing issues. Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    u r welcom