Thread: basic walk thru for activating PE on 2016 silverado

basic walk thru for activating PE on 2016 silverado

i'm a newby to this still, i had activated the PE in my truck about 3 years ago and since turned it off. I completly forgot how to turn it back on. I appreciate any help here. thanks

PE should never be turned off, it's there to add fuel at wide open throttle. Kinda dangerous to run full throttle at stoich fueling.

Without a tune file to see what you did, can't really say what you need to do if something needs changing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I bet you’ve maxed out all your Tq tables, put them back to stock for starters

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

i'll have to find my old file and compare. currently on stock OE file. i remember enrichment is off on a stock silverado. Not really off but the set rpm for a truck to activate is is outside the envelope... it felt like 15hp at wot when activated. only reason i shut it off is due to price of fuel for a daily driver was getting ridiculous.....
    Last edited by flyingfool007; 10-18-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Senior Tuner
    PE is not off on a stock file. It is delayed some but not off.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it actually got worse mileage with PE disabled.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    PE is not off on a stock file. It is delayed some but not off.
    off topic but..

I've had some of the late PFI 6.0's come in.. like express vans with E92s. and recently a E78.. both had PE delayed by what seemed like minutes.. Freaking crazy. Add the PE in like it should be and customer is ecstatic with the power gains.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

exactly. its basically off until you hit wot for 120 seconds lol then it activates

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfool007 View Post
    exactly. its basically off until you hit wot for 120 seconds lol then it activates
    And then, when everything is like right at melts temps, it dumps fuel, and the piston says NOPE, and then its all over. I have always wondered what GM was thinking.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rpturbo View Post
    And then, when everything is like right at melts temps, it dumps fuel, and the piston says NOPE, and then its all over. I have always wondered what GM was thinking.
    Probably thinking about how uncomfortable it is with the EPA breathing down your neck. Utility vehicles get the shaft for performance because the drivers don't tend to care. And GM gets to keep producing cheap engines that still meet emissions.