Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: '22 Explorer ST Tune Help

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Most if not all. Just pay attention.
    Thanks!

So I was going through and making the changes that SiriusC1024 had on his last file to the pull of mine and there are some areas that will not accept any changes or the axis is different so it shows that there is a difference in the area.

2023-11-12 17_36_29-VCM Editor -...X Platinum_My 2020 EX Platinum Stock- OS Enhancements-ST chan.png

2023-11-12 17_38_10-VCM Editor -...X Platinum_My 2020 EX Platinum Stock- OS Enhancements-ST chan.png

2023-11-12 17_41_53-VCM Editor -...X Platinum_My 2020 EX Platinum Stock- OS Enhancements-ST chan.png

Any tips?

Here is the file.

Also, are the OS enhancements recommended?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ntrain2k; 11-13-2023 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added info

Senior Tuner
    Yeah I didn't change those settings in the tune. Compare the original to mine of the 22 Explorer ST to see what I did. That's why I was saying be careful. There's a lot of difference between your vehicle and the ST.

If you'd like upload here your stock file and I'll go through it.

Yeah I didn't change those settings in the tune. Compare the original to mine of the 22 Explorer ST to see what I did. That's why I was saying be careful. There's a lot of difference between your vehicle and the ST.

If you'd like upload here your stock file and I'll go through it.
    Thank you Sir!

I did go through a 2020 ST file compared to mine and everything was there for me to change over. Looks like there are some differences between 2020 and 2022 for the ST.
    Last edited by Ntrain2k; 11-15-2023 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Add info

Almost forgot.

Not sure if it matters, but the platinum has 3.31 final drive gears vs. the ST's 3.58

Senior Tuner
    Cam angle correction.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    ***READ POST #35***

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrain2k View Post
    Almost forgot.

Not sure if it matters, but the platinum has 3.31 final drive gears vs. the ST's 3.58
    It's fine. I only adjusted the engine side. Pretty much the same procedure as the ST. See how you like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-08-2024 at 04:13 AM.

It's fine. I only adjusted the engine side. Pretty much the same procedure as the ST. See how you like it.
    Felt pretty good.

I did go in after that and do the engine side changes that you did on the 22 STv4 tune and it felt even better.

Now I need to figure out the transmission side.
    Last edited by Ntrain2k; 11-14-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Senior Tuner
    What exactly did you do? I put the same changes STv4 into the tune I gave you.

You don't really need to mess with the transmission side unless there's a problem.

What exactly did you do? I put the same changes STv4 into the tune I gave you.

You don't really need to mess with the transmission side unless there's a problem.
    Weird. I swear I saw some differences when I opened them up to compare.

For the transmission I'm looking to firm up and quicken the shifts up.
    Last edited by Ntrain2k; 11-14-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Those differences were in the column axis values for rpm.

Those differences were in the column axis values for rpm.
    10-4.

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Ive got a 20 plati aswell. And loaded sirius tune he did for it. However, going thru it there are a few differences that im just unsure of. on the distance table. 3k rpm is there twice? on my stock file it has 2500 there. id think its a problem if 2 tables are showing different data for the same rpm range? And under intake valve opening. at the 1k rpm the change is seemingly alot, -50 to -35. but 1200rpm+ on both files stay the same? these would both be in airflow - variable camshaft

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
    Ive got a 20 plati aswell. And loaded sirius tune he did for it. However, going thru it there are a few differences that im just unsure of. on the distance table. 3k rpm is there twice? on my stock file it has 2500 there. id think its a problem if 2 tables are showing different data for the same rpm range? And under intake valve opening. at the 1k rpm the change is seemingly alot, -50 to -35. but 1200rpm+ on both files stay the same? these would both be in airflow - variable camshaft
    You're right about the 3000rpm double columns. On that Platinum file I was working with it as-found from the person who wanted it done. I copied the tables, but I didn't catch that problem with the labels.

I want to re-iterate to the Platinum drivers using this ST file. It's a reference, and you should compare the original ST file to my revision to see what was done. Understand the differences and don't just take the changes for granted. The last guy copied literally everything highlighted green, neglecting that ST and Platinum are different models and are going to have different tunes from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrain2k View Post
    Thank you Sir!

I did go through a 2020 ST file compared to mine and everything was there for me to change over. Looks like there are some differences between 2020 and 2022 for the ST.
    Yup, the 20-21 had BOV and a few other small items in the engine. the 22+, they removed the need for BOV, not sure if the turbo has adjustable turbo vains or what. But there was some differences.
    ------------------------------
    Current Vehicles I own

2022 Ford Explorer ST 3.0TT/A10
    • UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • aFe Dual CAI(wet filters)
    • AWR Racing Rear Diff Mount
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2016 C7 3LT Stingray LT1/A8
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56
    SOLD: 2014 Ford Explorer XLT 3.5NA

Wow, not sure what is going on, but HP Forums here is having issues with keeping me signed in and acctually posting my responces. I didnt realize this thread was still going, but like that it is! I havent been on in some time due to work and life. But back to play with the tune again and like that I see some testing on it. @jakebrown617 , what year is your ST? I saw the post on my OP file I uploaded being different. I dont knwo what as that was the stock Ford one I pulled. But Only thing II think of is that 20-21 had things like a BOV and other small items where the 22+ they removed the BOV and i'm not sure if they adjusted timing more, or turbo vain controls instead? But anywayrs, just wondeirng what year yours is.
    Current Vehicles I own

• UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56

... As I was playing with the tune, I realized the previous posts referting to OP tune settings was the Optimal Tune settings section! The LS back in the day didnt have this setting, so I am learning new... I thought the OP meant that it was the Original Poster's tune peramiters were off from stock, which is me, and my "tune" I uploaded was the stock factory one with only 600 miles on the OD (Purchased with 8 on the OD... Only miles on her were the factory test miles and the load/unload on the series of trains/trailers until it arrived at my dealer where I recieved a call that the transport will be there in a few min and I jumped in the C7 and raced to the dealer to see her get unloaded) when I ripped that from the truck. So my comments here might not make sense from replying on those tune settings because I was like "my tune i uploaded was factory, why would it be so far off???" suddenly the other day while gathering data and sifting through the tune and testing, I went, OHHHHHHHH I see now.... "face palm*
    Last edited by mharris1984; 02-23-2024 at 11:48 AM.
    Current Vehicles I own

• UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris1984 View Post
    ... As I was playing with the tune, I realized the previous posts referting to OP tune settings was the Optimal Tune settings section! The LS back in the day didnt have this setting, so I am learning new... I thought the OP meant that it was the Original Poster's tune peramiters were off from stock, which is me, and my "tune" I uploaded was the stock factory one with only 600 miles on the OD (Purchased with 8 on the OD... Only miles on her were the factory test miles and the load/unload on the series of trains/trailers until it arrived at my dealer where I recieved a call that the transport will be there in a few min and I jumped in the C7 and raced to the dealer to see her get unloaded) when I ripped that from the truck. So my comments here might not make sense from replying on those tune settings because I was like "my tune i uploaded was factory, why would it be so far off???" suddenly the other day while gathering data and sifting through the tune and testing, I went, OHHHHHHHH I see now.... "face palm*
    Lol that's funny.

Potential Tuner

tune for 2021 explorer st

New to having an explorer st 2021 and looking for help with a tune. I can upload a log if someone can help . It has downpipes and exhaust as of this moment. Thank you in advance