Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '22 Explorer ST Tune Help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris1984 View Post
    ... As I was playing with the tune, I realized the previous posts referting to OP tune settings was the Optimal Tune settings section! The LS back in the day didnt have this setting, so I am learning new... I thought the OP meant that it was the Original Poster's tune peramiters were off from stock, which is me, and my "tune" I uploaded was the stock factory one with only 600 miles on the OD (Purchased with 8 on the OD... Only miles on her were the factory test miles and the load/unload on the series of trains/trailers until it arrived at my dealer where I recieved a call that the transport will be there in a few min and I jumped in the C7 and raced to the dealer to see her get unloaded) when I ripped that from the truck. So my comments here might not make sense from replying on those tune settings because I was like "my tune i uploaded was factory, why would it be so far off???" suddenly the other day while gathering data and sifting through the tune and testing, I went, OHHHHHHHH I see now.... "face palm*
    Ive been doing the same! LMAO ive been trying to decipher what the heck is every one talking about.....original poster....bahahahaha.

sirius, im still moderately confused about the tunes. When you say compare to the original ST file, am i suppose to compare my plati file to an ST? since there are differences, isnt this a problem? How does one decide what info should be transferred or not. Im just going to use the my2020 tune you uploaded i reckon.

Ive got another tuners tune in currently, but it has a hell of an issue. Gentle acceleration up to around 5th/60mph it just explodes like a 2 stroke engine in a power band! its actually almost undrivable. if you dont let off the throttle it will throw a p0068 code and go into limp mode. ive seen 36ish psi.....unsure if that need 14.7 removed or not, but still-its heavy on the boost.

Should run it flex fuel for the best power. Plenty of people and Ford tuners claim you cannot do this and argued with me over it back in 2020. Just because someone cannot figure it out, doesn't mean it cannot be done or isn't being done....... I've run flex fuel on ST models for well over 4yrs & 30k+ miles without any issue. 93octane, E15, E85, any mixture of E, its good....
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]