Thread: Cylinder misfire ?

Potential Tuner

Cylinder misfire ?

Hello forum I'm new to HP Tuners so bear with me I'm an old guy that just LS swapped my 64 Chevelle with a stock 04 5.3 with a ls1 intake and a 4l80e ,I have a PSI harness and they sent me a tuned computer ,it started up and drove but had no power and I noticed my exhaust pipes from the manifold were turning the color of titanium they were getting so hot so I assumed it was running lean ,I looked at the injector data and it was way off so I looked up the injector number and copy pasted injector data from a 02 ls1 Camaro I found on the sample page of HP tuner it ran a little better so i installed a wideband and its still lean. It sounds like it has a miss when listening to the tailpipes but I have no misfires ,knock sensor or spark retard data Im not sure if this harness has enough wires going to the OBD2 port or I have something not configured right .The OBD2 port only has 4 wires #2,4,5 and 16
    Thanks for any help 64 chevelle 10-16.hpl64 chevelle MAP final.hpt

That file does not have 2002 Camaro injector data in it.

-What is the injector part number?
    -What is the fuel system type - returnless/non-referenced regulator, or return/referenced?
    -What is the fuel pressure as measured by a mechanical gauge?

Potential Tuner
    Injector part number is 17121068
    My fuel system doesn’t have a return line I have a tank mounted Walboro 400 with a corvette style filter/regulator
    If it helps I can go to the auto parts and get a gauge and get the actual fuel pressure
    Thanks for any help

That's a LT1 injector, you will not find a repository file with that data.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsear...rtnum=17121068

screenshot.19-10-2022 16.02.41.png

Fuel pressure always has to be verified especially with a big pump/Vette filter-reg combo like that. The filter-reg thing does not have enough flow on the return side to keep the pressure at the set point.

Potential Tuner
    They were in the ls1 intake I bought , should I buy new ls1 injectors or try to locate fuel tables for the ones I have , I was going to take them out to get cleaned and flowed next week and that cost 160
    After dinner I’m going to the auto parts and get a fuel pressure gauge to get you correct numbers

Potential Tuner
    The fuel pressure was 65psi at idle and free revving it

If there's no published data for those injectors - all the data, not just flow rate - then they are worth zero dollars for use with a GM PCM, freshly cleaned or not. Sell them to someone who doesn't know any better. They're on the small side anyway.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks again for your help,I will get the injectors straight

Potential Tuner
    Ls1 or ls6 because that’s my pigtail
    Thanks again

And no knockoff Chinese injectors, you'd be better off with used ones from the junkyard and sent off to be cleaned than anything you'd get off Amazon.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    And no knockoff Chinese injectors, you'd be better off with used ones from the junkyard and sent off to be cleaned than anything you'd get off Amazon.
    I just found a set of LS 1 injectors part # 12561462 and I’m dropping them off tomorrow to get cleaned and flowed now do you know the best website to get specs on these for HP Tuner
    Thanks for any help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Thank you so much for your help, I dropped off the injectors today to get cleaned and flow tested ,I’ll let you know how it goes