Thread: Help with fueling in the idle area

Help with fueling in the idle area

I have a 2010 Camaro 6.2 M6 with a tsp N/A Bald Eagle cam, zl1 fuel pump, tsp long tube headers and back. Ive been working on my fueling for a while but i seem to run into a few hiccups. My tune is basically stock. Ive messed with the idea of going SD only or MAF only, and id like to go SD only. What i notice happen in most of my logs is trims in the idle area are fluctuating between lean and rich. I noticed that while logging in that range, in gear, it shows lean. When im idling at a stoplight or stop sign the trims are rich. This shows me that there is an issue with how im logging or tuning. Ive been 50% pasting my logs and smoothing the vve out a few times every time i flash. I use no filter other than 100 cell hits required. Not sure what filters i should use either. Ive heard of using FTC, MAP, and TPS before but never knew how i should apply the filters. Ive looked over the help link for filters but all that gives me is a general sense of how the filter function works. The main issue im trying to fix so i can get consistent numbers is my idle area. The vehicle attempts to die or bog when driving from a stop. It also Bogs at certain tps under 1800 rpm. I do not have a log for the bogging problem but i can acquire one tonight. I know these two will have to deal with spark and airflow values but i cant mess with any of them until i get my fueling correct.

Starting tune:Restart A.hpt
    Log for starting tune:2.hpl
    What i have now:Restart R.hpt
    Most recent log:no transient filter.hpl

Tuner
    A couple of things to do first, before fueling, after looking at your tune.

DTCs - set P0101 to Mil on first error.

Spark - Idle Spark Advance - Base - Set idle areas and surrounds to 18-20 degrees with that cam and blend out, do the same for the Idle Spark Advance - Coastdown table.

Idle - Airflow - Base Running Airflow - Aiflow Final Minimum - add 3 g/s from 200 rpm to 1200 rpm and blend out. You then want to set your target rpm to 600, 800, 1000 & 1200 rpm and log Dynamic Aiflow. Take note of the numbers each time and populate them in to this table to get accurate numbers.

Put your spark High & Low octane tables back to stock. It's bogging down at 1,800 rpm because you are commanding 0 degrees spark advance at a spark airmass value of 0.72

That definitely helped alot, thank you! Im still working on the dynamic airflow values, mainly confused on the values im getting considering its telling me i need 15 g/s at 1000rpm idle(i sit at 950). Im going to assume these values are correct as you said and that i just need to get the fueling correct. As im sure you are aware theres an rpm hang at 2k when i let out the clutch, in neutral, at a coast. Not that big of a deal but something that can be solved later.