Thread: tuning 00 monte carlo w/ zzp parts

Potential Tuner

tuning 00 monte carlo w/ zzp parts

So the main part in question is this. https://zzperformance.com/collection...lizer-downpipe
    but I have a bunch of other parts from them including, coil packs/plug wires, the 4inch fenderwell intake kit, full 3inch exhaust with cat, hv3 intake insert and a stage 1 ported throttle body as well as a initial tune from ZZP before I installed all my aftermarket parts.

So I have a bit of confusion with the equalizer downpipe. I noticed in the editor there was a setting for the orientation for the o2 sensors. the first option and the one that was already selected was 'straight' with the factory exhaust having the o2 sensor right behind the rear bank in the rear manifold with the front manifold having a pipe that goes to the rear manifold before going into that sensor. but now with the new piping there is about 6-8 inches of exhaust before the front and rear manifolds join together and another maybe 15in of pipe from where they join to the first o2 sensor. So I chose to switch it to the 'y-pipe' setting. however I also put the afr back to 14.71 (apparently I changed it down to 14.7 at some point in the past).

Now here is the issue. My o2 sensors are both reading .452-.457 and pretty much completely flat lining at that voltage. My other cars the sensors bounce from like .150 to .9 consistently. So should I have kept my o2 orientation setting the same? Or did both my o2 sensors fail and i'm just now finding out?

Go back to the way it was before with the sensor setting, you shouldn't ever need to change that.

If you still have an issue with the sensors after that, then it's a power/ground issue with the sensors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.