Thread: 99 and mustangs and newer, other fords included. MAF vs PERIOD IS MISSING IN VCM

Tuner

99 and mustangs and newer, other fords included. MAF vs PERIOD IS MISSING IN VCM

I believe we are missing functions in the vcm editor for most ford models, mustangs, and older f150s alike. use the same algorithm for MAf AIRFLOW lbs VS PERIOD. Older fords have pids like MAf Period vs airflow. on the newer fords I have tuned that is the tuning strategy to tune them for intakes and bolt-ons and so forth using MAF vs Period. The only other way is to modify maf flow vs voltage and ideally, you don't want to do that. I Would say 10% is the most you want to add to the airflow curve to help throttle response leaving the lowest and highest factor alone. it helps throttle response. but any more than that and you will see it affects commanded airflow values. The newer fords have the Maf vs Period in the vcm suite. And from a tuning perspective, I am pretty sure all of the ford use this strategy maf vs period. But for some reason, the engineers deciphering the bin files probably just forgot to add those functions into older fords to be modified in the vcm editor.
    Last edited by DB5249; 10-21-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Pre 2011 vehicles do not have a digital MAF sensor, and thus use the Airflow vs Voltage table for MAF calibration.

Tuner
    you would think so but it has parameters for period in pid