Thread: tune

Tuner in Training

tune

why cant i tune ve table? why does my car idle up high after i put it back in park?
    chevy 2 idle log.hpl
    cindys new nova jeremiah high idle back in gear.hpt

Your idle rpm is set really high, not sure why you are asking for 1,000rpm. You'll want to lower that and adjust the base running airflow table, only add as much as you need, don't over do it. If it's a mild to moderately sized camshaft, you don't need to add a ton of airflow.

The tune is also not setup to run off the VE table. The MAF sensor is not failed and the settings for closed loop are set incorrectly to tune the engine in open loop with no fuel trims.

I don't know what injectors you are running but you didn't put it all the data for them. The only thing you changed was the flow rate and nothing else, you are missing the other 3 tables for injector data. Get that fix first before you spend any real time tuning this.

I can tell it's going to be very lean with how much fuel you pulled from the VE table, probably should start over.

Also you need to get some cooling fans on this radiator, it's pushing 230-240 degrees just sitting there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.