Thread: Newb Question: MPVI2 tuning for new vehicle

Tuner in Training

Newb Question: MPVI2 tuning for new vehicle

I've been using my MPVI2 on my 2019 Camaro SS for a few years now and will be selling the car soon. Switching to a 2020 Cadillac Escalade. HP Tuners shows that it supports that vehicle and I would like to tune it after throwing a cold air intake on it (as well as disabling AFM). So I'm just curious how I go about doing this... I'm sure I need to revert the custom tune on my Camaro back to stock before selling the car, but what additional steps do I need to take to make sure I won't have any issues with tuning for the Escalade. Thanks in advance!

If the Camaro is being returned to stock with all factory parts you can take the stock file that hopefully you saved and just write that back into the car. It's a very straight forward change. If you don't have your stock file you'd want to find one and copy over the stock data into your tune and return it to stock that way.

2017-2020 Escalades will tune just like your Camaro, takes 4 credits and if you wish to tune the TCM you need to send the TCM in for the unlock service through HP Tuners.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If the Camaro is being returned to stock with all factory parts you can take the stock file that hopefully you saved and just write that back into the car. It's a very straight forward change. If you don't have your stock file you'd want to find one and copy over the stock data into your tune and return it to stock that way.

2017-2020 Escalades will tune just like your Camaro, takes 4 credits and if you wish to tune the TCM you need to send the TCM in for the unlock service through HP Tuners.

Yup! I have my Camaro's stock file. Thanks for the info. Didn't think the transition was this simple and can't wait to try it