Thread: VVE Scanner Setup

VVE Scanner Setup

Need help setting up some filters for tuning vve. Im aware of a few variables like FTC and TPS% but im unsure how to apply them to my data properly. Any help is appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    can be easier to go thru manually and take out the data u want as u know its good and repeatable, i find myself always going over the log to check it all out anyway not just hoping the graph data is correct for all events

I have a very small amount of knowledge on what to look for when sifting through logs. Best i can tell is usually when areas are insanely high compared to cells right next to them, or when some cells are across the spectrum(both lean and rich). im really just trying to understand what im missing by trying out filters.

Not to mention i need to get fueling right in the idle area, but whenever i drive data is skewed in the idle area because of something changing the values drastically when at idle compared to coasting at the same cell.

Also id like to add that im told to filter out transients when starting out with a cam tune like i am. However, wherever i look online i cant find anything about filtering out transients, only mentions of the variables like TPS. The help link to the forums filter function has been sent to me but all that shows me is how the filter works not really how to apply it in my situation. This has me stumped stupendously.

Advanced Tuner
    *edit* because OP posted while I was typing. If the car is running and idling fine with the new cam then tune the rest of the MAF/VVE stuff before finalizing your idle stuff, just going to waste your time until those things are done correctly.

You can start by ignoring coast-down data. The car should be in DFCO anyways at that point. It'll be a different fuel trim cell also. Figure out what FTC it sits in at idle and filter your logs to include only that cell, if idle is what you want to focus on. The old HPT help files had great page that explained FTC mapping for different generations of vehicles, but those help files no longer work.
    Last edited by eXo3901; 10-24-2022 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add info