I was wondering if you need to do a complete wipe "Write Entire" once in a while to get rid of glitches? Are glitches a thing?

After loading about 150 tunes using "Write Calibration", I swear some things make less sense as I go and I wonder if it's getting glitchy. Last week I tried fixing my idle issues, again, and not only no luck, but it seems I'm making it worse. So I loaded the oem file to be sure it wasn't the tune. It changed nothing, idle wise. So I write the oem file again but used "Write Entire", which is the first time I've done that. It seemed a little better, maybe? I then wrote the oem file again using "Write Calibration" and suddenly my idle was normal oem again. Each time I only let it run for maybe 15sec to keep the eng cold since cold idle is more of an issue for me.

Fyi all my tunes have 0 deg Spark for Cat Retard, but when I loaded the Oem file, which has a ton of retard, the first and second loads there was no Cat retard! The third time I loaded it the retard was there and idle was normal. So what's the deal with that? Was it loading the oem file three times that did it, or does it need to be restarted a few times to kick in? I've noticed other things like idle rpm won't always follow what I ask, but now I wonder if I have to load them several times, start a few times or wait a few days before it actually works?

Injector Slope does similar to me, meaning it needs time to work properly. If I set it more than ~10% richer it won't idle for crap, if it idles at all. 5% and I'm good but I have to let it adjust before going another 5%. How much time, starts or what I can only guess, but a couple days per worked. Changes to the "Injector Pulse Mult" doesn't seem to matter, I can +20% and it doesn't care. So I guess Slope affects other things that cause the actual problem, but Mult doesn't. What else in there needs time to adjust I don't know, but it would be helpful to know so I can give it time to do its thing. Otherwise I do something and if it doesn't work I undo it, which in hindsight is probably a mistake?