Thread: 2014 Chevy Silverado Canned tune

Potential Tuner

Question 2014 Chevy Silverado Canned tune

Looking for a Stock tune for a 2014 Silverado 1500. Looking to fix laggy throttle response, take limiter off and try to get little more hp out of her. There are 4 on the tune repository but IDK if i can trust them.

Senior Tuner
    Stock tunes are just that, unmodified from OEM. Not going to help you anymore than just reading your existing tune unless you know your tune is already modified.

Potential Tuner
    yeah its a stock truck so just wanting to take limiter off, try and make the throttle less laggy and maybe unlock a little horsepower. like a generic performance/tow tune. I didnt mean a stock tune i meant tune for stock truck my bad.

Advanced Tuner
    You could shorten/lower/disable the PE delays, lower the pedal settings, and make PE more rich and consistent. Not really sure what limiter you want to remove. Just search around on here for ideas. You wont get much help just asking for tunes, but sometimes you will. Sorry for my shit answer.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    You could shorten/lower/disable the PE delays, lower the pedal settings, and make PE more rich and consistent. Not really sure what limiter you want to remove. Just search around on here for ideas. You wont get much help just asking for tunes, but sometimes you will. Sorry for my shit answer.
    Thanks, yeah i figured some tunes would cost but i figured some might be willing to share a basic tune because until i spend sever more hundred hours on videos over the hp tuner im not about to go try and make myself a custom tune. Like I really dont even know what PE means in your response so i have lots of learning to do. All answers are good man thanks for the response that at least gives me something to go look up. My truck shuts off at like 101 102 so thats the speed limiter i was talking about.

Think about why that speed limiter is there. They use that limiter because of the speed rating of the tires and because of the critical speed of the driveshaft.

Exploding GM driveshafts above the speed of 100mph is something that happens, you don't want to be that guy on the side of the road.

PE is power enrichment and I don't agree with eXo on the part of making it richer. It's a direct injected truck, they make more power with a leaner fuel mixture at full throttle. The factory tune is kinda rich already, I lean them out to 12.2-12.4 commanded air fuel ratio at full throttle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiktishes View Post
    yeah its a stock truck so just wanting to take limiter off, try and make the throttle less laggy and maybe unlock a little horsepower. like a generic performance/tow tune. I didnt mean a stock tune i meant tune for stock truck my bad.
    These engines can definitely benefit from some tuning. My engine is all stock besides intake MAF tube and tune but the difference from when I started to learn to tune and now is night and day in terms of power and driving fun. I’ve learned everything from the web, this forum, and trial and error to increase engine power on my truck. No courses are necessary. Just figure out a specific question and look up the answer in the forum, it’s all here!
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, I am wrong, the DI stuff runs leaner. I?ll stand by my intentional vagueness in this case though.