Thread: P11 PCM traction control question.

Potential Tuner

P11 PCM traction control question.

Fellow enthusiasts, I seek your wisdom and assistance.

I've swapped a 2.2 Ecotec and F23 manual transmission (from a 2003 Cavalier) into a Pontiac Fiero. Currently, VATS is the only item that is turned off.

While in the donor vehicle, there was a traction control system in place. When the car sensed wheel spin, it would illuminate a "low traction" light and thus reduce the power until wheel spin was gone. Then power would return to normal. However, there was no button to turn off traction control. By applying the parking brake one click, you would apparently defeat the traction control.

In my swap, I'm only running the P11 PCM and BCM. I chose to install the BCM (Body Control Module) as I only wanted the interior light control circuit.
    There are no other sub systems attached. No ABS module, etc.

Can someone have a quick look at the supplied file and let me know how to effectively disable all traces of traction control.

I thank you in advance for your time. Have a great day!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Why do you think it has any traction control enabled? Without wheel speed sensors it could only throw an error code when it doesn't see them. This might reduce power but wouldn't be traction control as such.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Why do you think it has any traction control enabled? Without wheel speed sensors it could only throw an error code when it doesn't see them. This might reduce power but wouldn't be traction control as such.
    It never dawned on me that without the ABS module installed, there should be no traction control. I must not have been thinking clearly. Or perhaps I was over thinking the situation. I just remembered driving the Cavalier and it clearly reduced the power upon wheel spin. This is not what I'm after in the Fiero.

I haven't yet driven my Ecotec powered Fiero as I'm waiting for some other parts to arrive. Having recently acquired HP Tuners, I'm still in the learning phase.