Thread: Looking for information, 2008 6.7l cummins Tune

Potential Tuner

Looking for information, 2008 6.7l cummins Tune

Just looking for a little information on the tune for my ram. In the vcm editor under the engine general section i have five tabs as listed: Protection Mode, egr off mode, hcd mode, OOM Idle Mode, and Regen Mode, and they all have a number value behind them. My questions are why can I not adjust those values and what would I have to do to have access to modify them.

Banned
    The numbers represent the the tables used for those modes. They are greyed out and blocked from being changed because tampering with emissions is illegal under federal law of the country the software is developed.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, so even when you go through the parameter access training it still wont give you access to those parameters? Sorry just new to hpt. Ive got an old farm truck that Im wanting to turn into a pulling truck.

Banned
    No clue, couldn?t tell you. I do things differently then others to do what I need.

Banned
    Can confirm that doing the so called emissions course for the advanced parameters access or whatever does NOT grant access to grey?d out DTC?s, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Can confirm that doing the so called emissions course for the advanced parameters access or whatever does NOT grant access to grey?d out DTC?s, etc.
    Did you go under the help tab/parameter access and link your device post completing the course? That fixed the issues for me.

Banned
    Yep my device is linked and resumed and nothing has changed at all

Weird i'd hit up support and ask what's up.

Banned
    I don?t need it change anything. I do everything outside of HPT.

I figured it out, If the tune file wasn't pulled by your device "the one attached to the course" then the tables will still be greyed out. I know you don't need it or care lol just trying to help others

Potential Tuner
    I contacted the support team and they said basically that they are greyed out because they do not support the modifications of any of the emission systems equipment. Thanks for your help/incite fellas.

Potential Tuner
    Do either of you know how I can extract/locate a bin file and a xdf file for my truck?

Banned
    Post your tune file and I?ll give you a bin version of it, as for an xdf you are on your own

Banned
    pm me your email, I can't attach the bin file

Potential Tuner
    pm sent