Thread: Help me analyze drag pass and injector duty drop on l67

Help me analyze drag pass and injector duty drop on l67

This is 2 of my 3 passes i made last night. First pass in nothing i haven't seen before and is the first time i broke into the 12s. The second pass is my concern the 1-2 up shift i see the duty cycle just drop.

I've never seen this before and not sure what it means. A little info car is on e85 60 lb injectors first pass was about 58 degs 2nd pass was 50 degs. The k.r its picking up on the launch is a known header hitting and rubbing the sway bar.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    You hit 6714 rpm, and your cutoff is set to 6700.

Looks like your transmission slipped. Might try increasing line pressure to the max of 96 from 280 ft-lb and up.

Have you tried poly motor mounts to take care of the header hitting the sway bar?
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 11-02-2022 at 06:08 AM.

Poly mounts are planned this winter. Good call on the fuel cut off. I reviewed the tune later that night and found that setting and wondering that what the cause was. What about the 80% injectors duty cycle rule. Notice I was at 80% from 5800 rpm and climbing. Does this build need bigger injectors? How strict is the 80% rule?
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    I think 90% and below is ok. Highest I saw was 87.3%.

If you get an intercooler or want to play around with e30 then you'd probably have to change.

Congrats on the 12's. Love those 3800's.

Thank you sir it's been a labor of love.lol
    Can you educate me on where to see the trans slip? It was rebuilt about 3 months ago and has felt pretty strong and solid. I never turn down free education.
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    Taking what you said into consideration, and reviewing the log, I think the trans wasn't slipping. It was just an assumption to explain the missed shift.

I wonder if what was going on was that the shift command was issued, but the shift wasn't performed. Speculating that the transmission will shift once the command is issued and certain conditions are met. Perhaps increasing line pressure for the higher torque of your engine will allow those shift conditions more reliably.