Thread: MPVI unable to see TCM

Potential Tuner

MPVI unable to see TCM

Got a 2016 Audi Q5 3.0T with the ZF8 transmission. I am using the new MPVI3. When trying to read the vehicle the TCM does not show up, ECM comes up fine and is able to be read out, however the TCM is not even visible.
    Using VCDS and ODIS I am able to see and read out the TCM module without issues or DTC's. Going back and forth with customer support for a month now and there is no solution, I am about to RMA the MPVI cable as it is not able to do the one thing I needed it for. Anybody else experienced something like this before or have any tips to what might be causing this?

Tuner in Training
    I have the identical thing on my 2013 Q5 3.0T with ZF8 and using the MPVI3. Hello someone @ HPTuners are you going to escalate this?

Tuner in Training
    See below screenshots of what I can/cant see when reading VCM. No TCM is visible. Can anyone help me to uncover the TCM or would flashing an original TCM calibration file work?
    Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Potential Tuner
    I have been back and forth with their customer support and they have stopped responding. They blame my internet connection, then blame there must be an issue with the car or the TCM is already tuned. I have purchased the flash cable and TCU tune from another company now, I have already made sure it can read the TCM. Surprise, no issues there. I will flash the stock file again using that and will see if it can read the TCM. That is the last hope I have, if that does not work I will run the competitors file which can not be customised.

Very disappointed in the technical support from HPTuners, e-mails have a long turn around time and they have a clear tendency to blame the customer/car even when presented with evidence of multiple diagnostic tools being able to read the TCM like VCDS, VCP and ODIS.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Enthuse View Post
    See below screenshots of what I can/cant see when reading VCM. No TCM is visible. Can anyone help me to uncover the TCM or would flashing an original TCM calibration file work?
    Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG
    Same issue, same flag for Internet and the TCM never shows.

Tuner in Training
    Could someone assist - Hoping someone helpful like TylerJDubbs or Steven@HPTuners could chip in