Thread: 2008 Nissan 350z ECM locked with Uprev

Exclamation 2008 Nissan 350z ECM locked with Uprev

I have a 08 350z HR and it's been tuned previously by Uprev. I'm wondering if the stock file I found while digging through the forums will work if I buy the credits to try and rewrite the ECM, currently I'm unable to read or edit the current tune because of Uprev. The file I have is SH7058 the ECM i have is showing SH7078. The VIN doesn't really matter because the ECM been replaced before, but NATS removed by Uprev before I bought the car. Can anyone with more knowledge chime in to tell me if ill be able to reflash with the HP without removing the garbage Uprev has on it?

Potential Tuner
    The only way in my opinion is to read/write in jtag. I got the case on an SH7055 and I bypassed the uprev lock with ktag in jtag.

Tuner in Training
    I've got the same issue on an 08 350z. From what I understand they modify the operating system with their own to do away with the Nissan MBT calculations for ignition advance. I can be a bit unreliable with the trimming tables when boosted, Uprevs is pretty cool in the sense that you get what you enter as far as timing. But anyway, I couldn't read mine either. You could buy a tuner cable from uprev and use their software since the ecm is licensed or have shop that tunes with Uprev flash a stock file back in and use HPT. Personally I've had great results with my boosted Z and HPT so I'm going to get another ECM to use and maybe sell the Uprev licensed one I've got. IMO, unless you're a pro tuner for profit, Uprev is too weak or non existent with certain parameters that you might need to keep the engine light out....