Thread: LS 376 / 525 & 6l80E Connect and Cruise Base Tune

Potential Tuner

Question LS 376 / 525 & 6l80E Connect and Cruise Base Tune

Does anyone have the original GMPP file for an LS376/525 6l80e Connect and Cruise Package?

I have worked on a couple customer projects where I pulled the GMPP tune files, but they were running standalone 4l80e controllers. Did GMPP actually configure any connect and cruise controllers to integrate with the 6lxx trans controllers?

Chevrolet performance LS controllers are programmed for manual only. The 4L transmission connect and cruise kits use a separate transmission controller system. It just pulled TPS, and RPM from the CANbus. The 6L connect and cruise kits use the same manual engine controller package.

The Chevrolet Performance 6L transmissions are custom programmed by Chevrolet with a custom OS and HP tuners will not work on those units. The Chevrolet Performance 6L transmissions use a special USB cable and software to make shift adjustments.

The Chevrolet Performance 6L transmissions "SHOULD" work with just about any LS engine controller, but I haven't tested that.
    -Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

I wouldn't expect the standalone 6Lxx thing to work with an AUTO trans ECM OS, since the TCM is only listening on the CAN for relevant engine sensors, not talking.

Ahh good point. I wasn't thinking about the ECM needing feedback from the TCM.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Tuner in Training
    I have 1 of these 525 6l80 connect and cruise projects, and 1 of these as a 480hp 6l80, they both have horrid shifting, I have been trying to figure out the problem. I have made changed but between 3-4 gear it seems to lock up torque converter or throw it in reverse for a split second or something. I will give both stock files. Anyone with better insight could help me. Both of these tunes do same thing with transmission.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by saleenrose View Post
    I will give both stock files.
    did anything ever come from this?
    I have one in the shop

Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    did anything ever come from this?
    I have one in the shop
    It has been a while but I had looked at a connect and cruise a couple years or more ago and tried to do some VERY simple mods and it just would not take. It was like it was tunerlocked without being tuner locked. You could go in and see the tune but it was like it had some way of reverting to factory programming. I was able to do an SPS programming and it worked but nothing else. I chalked it up to some form of restriction put on it for emissions purposes.