Thread: Failure Reading

Tuner

Failure Reading

My hptuners isn't really reading cars anymore. It fails on the retrieving of the flash file from the service, so it can't unlock the ecu.

Sometimes changing the device works, but if HPT automatically identifies the ECU you can't work around that.

This is with an internet connection. I think there is an issue with HPTuners. Can anyone help me with this.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't really understand what you mean by "flash file from the service". Do you mean it fails when it asks HP permission to connect to the car, or load the patch or? Gotta screenshot?
    Changing what device?
    If it identifies the ECU then you're good? But you're saying no?

I've collected screenshots from a variety of fails when trying to connect to the car, but one way or another I've always been able to get around it. Eg; sometimes I end up using my phone as a hotspot because even with my router in the window, line of sight 30' away, it sometimes refuses to work. And I always use a USB cord on the dongle because Bluetooth never works right, if it works at all, on anything I own, ever. Eg; my Draggy I bought many months ago, I have one 0-60 run from it, period. Bluetooth speakers, fail. Headset, fail. Camera, fail. Other ODB dongles, fail.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Potential Tuner
    If it identifies the car and tries to get the file to read and write it fails like 50% of the time or more. Ill try to take a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by clifftoo View Post
    My hptuners isn't really reading cars anymore. It fails on the retrieving of the flash file from the service, so it can't unlock the ecu.

Sometimes changing the device works, but if HPT automatically identifies the ECU you can't work around that.

This is with an internet connection. I think there is an issue with HPTuners. Can anyone help me with this.
    wide range of new ecu's hptuners cant access/retrieve flash so you must get binary file
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com