Thread: 4x cop ?

4x cop ?

Read a post by Fast4.7 saying he was able to run a 4x cop l31. Wya buddy? Currently still running 4x dizzy on my sbc. Have everything already for a 24x swap but I don't want to tear down the engine just yet. Said he used a 6.0 tune but not sure exactly. Would be cool to just wire coils and sensors and be C.o.p
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-04-2022 at 11:06 PM.

I don't know how to do it with a 4X but C.O.P. on a SBC using a gen 3 PCM is not hard.A 24X relucter that fits the SBC crank is needed. I used the stock SBC plastic timing cover and crank sensor from a 97/98 5.7SBC. Under the rotor button is the camshaft position sensor. The firing orders are different between the SBC and the LS so the wiring harness will have to be pinned accordingly for coils as well as injectors. I ran a C.O.P 383 SBC with twin turbos, flex fuel and a 4l80e transmission for 4 years until I got greedy with the boost and... well lets just say I'm starting from scratch now but going LS.

EFI Connection has the 24x reluctor and good information on which part number for things like single or double roller timing gears. https://www.eficonnection.com/home/c...ne/efi-24x-sbc

I ordered my wiring harness from BP Automotive custom built for my application.

Hope this helps get you started.