Thread: Gt350 MonoBlade throttle Angle and Maf recale help...

Potential Tuner

Gt350 MonoBlade throttle Angle and Maf recale help...

Hello everyone.
    I have a N/A 17 gt350 thats been FBO with Asnu 1000cc injectors running well with the minimal changes ive had to make using Hp Tuners cable. Over the summer ive upgraded to Cobra Jet intake manifold w/a single Mono Blade Throttle Body and the MAF sensor pipe inside diameter has increased from the factory 3.75 to 4.75.. Both the Throttle angle and Maf scaling are areas im not very familier with and asking for some help if able. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You
    Stephen Jessie
    Last edited by SJ-(KY); 11-07-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    In before someone tries to sell you a tune.

Potential Tuner
    From digging in previous posts it seems as if the Predicted Throttle Angle/Effective Area and ETC Idle Throttle Angle Table Correct data is updated for particular TB that should get me in the right direction. As far as Maf scaling goes ill dig into that tonight if I cant get any helpful direction.

Advanced Tuner
    For maf tuning you would adjust the maf translation table until the fuel trims are small.

TB tuning is a little more difficult. What’s worked for me is to disable the PID feedback loop on airflow (zero out all the PID gains), then log throttle angle, desired airmass, and maf. Then calibrate the tb and inverse table until the desired airmass matches the maf. Then repopulate the pid gains and you’ll see little to no airflow error. Then the tb is calibrated.
    Last edited by engineermike; 11-07-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    For maf tuning you would adjust the maf translation table until the fuel trims are small.

TB tuning is a little more difficult. What?s worked for me is to disable the PID feedback loop on airflow (zero out all the PID gains), then log throttle angle, desired airmass, and maf. Then calibrate the tb and inverse table until the desired airmass matches the maf. Then repopulate the pid gains and you?ll see little to no airflow error. Then the tb is calibrated.
    Besides like 2 TB's i know of from BBK that nobody really cares about, we have good models for every TB you can dream of.
    Browse forum, they are here available, posted by people with experience. Use TB model as is...your problems are located somewhere else.

"Tune your TB" is probably the worst advise..."tune your SD" being the second...tune your torque model being the third...

Another horrible advice is "adjust maf translation table until the fuel trims are small". That is OK if you are going for example from 3" to 3,5".
    If you are stepping from 3,75 to 4,75 which is a 60% more you need to redo your axis, otherwise you end up in area that your MAF will never see.
    This is the most common mistake beginner tooners are making, chopping MAF curve with trims not having any idea what they are really doing.
    And those advises are coming from people like you...

Cobra Jet in GT350 with injectors and 4,75" MAF tune needs a solid base tune not just a forum advice, he cant do that properly after reading forum...

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry veefour I’ve seen your work….no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Sorry veefour I’ve seen your work….no thanks.
    You've seen shit amigo

Advanced Tuner
    Lol y’all always fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Lol y’all always fighting
    Damn right, I'm not the sweetest person here and always say what I believe it's true - he's not telling the truth hence my sarcasm. No aggression :P

2017 just with 120mm MAF and correct data for mono-blade. Tested in 20+ cars runs like stock...tested in battle by real full time tuner...not a google-fu and patent master
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Listen to Mike, ignore the guy saying one thing and doing another.

The resolution on the 120mm MAF curve and CJ mono throttle body model in the post tune are both trashed, you can find better just from searching the forums.

MAF Period resolution.jpg

Mono TB model.jpg

Then it kinda depends on what electronics are in this TB(was it for an old car or newer one), if the rest of his settings will work or not.

Its actually the Asnu 1000cc injectors that caught my attention, interesting choice for a Ford vehicle. I don't think they provide specific data for Ford ECU's. Ive seen it for Evo's andSTI's , how did you translate that over?
    Last edited by murfie; 11-08-2022 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Listen to Mike, ignore the guy saying one thing and doing another.

The resolution on the 120mm MAF curve and CJ mono throttle body model in the post tune are both trashed, you can find better just from searching the forums.

MAF Period resolution.jpg

Mono TB model.jpg

Then it kinda depends on what electronics are in this TB(was it for an old car or newer one), if the rest of his settings will work or not.

Its actually the Asnu 1000cc injectors that caught my attention, interesting choice for a Ford vehicle. I don't think they provide specific data for Ford ECU's. Ive seen it for Evo's andSTI's , how did you translate that over?
    Really, but that is unchanged PMAS flow benched MAF and STOCK FORD mono data...now you've been smoked...red handed...

P.S
    Those are ID1000 injectors "short"...aka FIC1000 aka "we take stock bosch cores, rebrand and sell for 3x more"...bosch only makes one short core...you don't know?

P.S.2
    Ill keep roasting you a little more...you dont need to use excel anymore pops, pls update your editor as HPT now has scatter plots in editor LOL

image.png

P.S.3
    You say it thrash yet you offer no explanation and you don't provide anything to counter...You can call me "the guy saying one thing and doing another",
    yes that is sometimes correct as I have no time to explain but I help a lot when I can...and this is real time experience.

You just confuse and talk nonsense, you post over complicated theories never having anything proven in real life...nothing you say works pops, never will.
    Last edited by veeefour; 11-09-2022 at 12:40 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    That is OK if you are going for example from 3" to 3,5".
    If you are stepping from 3,75 to 4,75 which is a 60% more you need to redo your axis, otherwise you end up in area that your MAF will never see.
    This is the most common mistake beginner tooners are making, chopping MAF curve with trims not having any idea what they are really doing.
    And those advises are coming from people like you...
    Really, but that is unchanged PMAS flow benched MAF and STOCK FORD mono data...now you've been smoked...red handed...

P.S
    Those are ID1000 injectors "short"...aka FIC1000 aka "we take stock bosch cores, rebrand and sell for 3x more"...bosch only makes one short core...you don't know?

P.S.2
    Ill keep roasting you a little more...you dont need to use excel anymore pops, pls update your editor as HPT now has scatter plots in editor LOL

image.png

P.S.3
    You say it thrash yet you offer no explanation and you don't provide anything to counter...You can call me "the guy saying one thing and doing another",
    yes that is sometimes correct as I have no time to explain but I help a lot when I can...and this is real time experience.

You just confuse and talk nonsense, you post over complicated theories never having anything proven in real life...nothing you say works pops, never will.
    This guy is NA, you gave him a MAF transfer that he will never use the top 9 period rows. You then gave him a throtle body model that you deleted 8 perfectly good columns from.
    I know HPT has scatter plots, but you can't compare two transfers directly on top one another as I did in excel. I probably spent less time copying and pasting that into excel, than you did deleteing and renormalizing that throttle body model and inverse.
    I didn't need to offer an explanation, I posted comparison pictures, to show yes they are the same curve, but you trashed the resolution of the points.

Plus you posted a 2015 Mustang GT file not a GT350 file so when he goes to compare with his own... well YOU just confuse and talk nonsense. Sell none working tunes, and don't understand how tuning even works.
    Last edited by murfie; 11-09-2022 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    This guy is NA, you gave him a MAF transfer that he will never use the top 9 period rows. You then gave him a throtle body model that you deleted 8 perfectly good columns from.
    I know HPT has scatter plots, but you can't compare two transfers directly on top one another as I did in excel. I probably spent less time copying and pasting that into excel, than you did deleteing and renormalizing that throttle body model and inverse.
    I didn't need to offer an explanation, I posted comparison pictures, to show yes they are the same curve, but you trashed the resolution of the points.

Plus you posted a 2015 Mustang GT file not a GT350 file so when he goes to compare with his own... well YOU just confuse and talk nonsense. Sell none working tunes, and don't understand how tuning even works.
    Did you verify that this is not ok? I don't believe so...but I did in multiple vehicles and I dont care about your false theories.

This shows how ignorant you are...this is very good transfer that was flow benched by PMAS. Perfectly suitable for N/A and even F/I.
    There's no difference between GT and GT350 when it comes to TB and MAF - same parts amigo...you don't know?
    I tuned five Gt350's with cobra and monoblade, I tuned 10+ Aluminator based 5.2 Coyotes with cobra jet and mono, I tuned three 5.5l RPG strokers with cobra jest and mono. You tuned what? Your excel data sheet? Give me a break..

TB parameters comes from Cobra Jet tune...if you have something to say to Ford or PMAS pls go ahead, I'm sure they won't even bother to listen.
    Cobra Jet was based on S197(the car you've seen on posters only). It had less increments so rest was just filled. You can always post something better
    but pls let it be something you ever proved in real life...

Sell zero tunes, and stick to the only car you ever tuned...which is your car and move one. My tunes are always working don't worry about it - sorry that it makes you bitter.
    Not everyone can be successful selling 1000 tunes a years, you con't do that because you lack a field experience. No matter how bad you gonna rant this, how many wrong theories you post you cant hurt me
    Last edited by veeefour; 11-09-2022 at 06:38 AM.

This is the 5.2 engine running with 10r80 swapped trans...on exactly this data...it rips and drives like stock so...roast yourself more
    This n/a car is faster than most base supercharger setups...go home...

https://www.facebook.com/veee.perfor...39940081530405

https://www.facebook.com/veee.perfor...32538740094575

Banned
    You've seen shit amigo
    Oh yes he has seen your work. Cause I sent it to him. Your 350 dollar junk that couldn?t even be ran because the knock sensors were pegged and not because my car. Your shiesty and crooked and you ripped me off with a horrible tune that I couldn?t even run and that you gave up on trying because you didn?t know what you were doing to cause the issue in the first place. Thankful for my buddy mike here for fixing your ?masterpiece? of work. Your a con. Just wonder how many poor people you?ve done that way and took their money and unfortunately for them they are left with something they can?t even use just ripped off of 350$. You won?t get this one removed sweetheart.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Guys play nice, please. Last warning.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"