Thread: 2000 Dakota R/T

2000 Dakota R/T

i've done a bunch of lsx engines and the UI is all different for JTEC+...

i can't find a place to turn offf trouble codes?

it was my understanding that i couldn't get a rear o2 code if i left it plugged in but not in the exhaust..

its been a couple weeks and now i get the code and it won't turn off.

i see there is a spot to disable/enable the o2 sensors on one of the engine screens, but it doesn't seem to stop the trouble code

thx
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Potential Tuner
    I have a 99 Dodge Ram and I took a Spark Plug Anti-Fouler, drilled it out so the O2 Sensor head would fit into it and screwed the whole combo into the downstream O2 bung. No codes so far and it's been there for a while. Have the same thing on my 96 Jeep.

Tuner in Training
    after the last update they removed the ability to disable the downstream oxygen sensors unfortunately due to the epa cracking down so unless you had disabled them before the update or can find the older software there isnt a way to disable the codes i would do as neonhomer suggests and buy some spark plug non foulers drill the hole out of one and screw them together and them the sensor and reinstall that will dumb the sensor down enough the code will not be set done it to several vehicles that had p0420 codes to get buy back in the day.
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.

Engine>Diag>DTC's Click on the code and small drop down list shows up...............Remember that option is only for OFF road applications
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    after the last update they removed the ability to disable the downstream oxygen sensors unfortunately due to the epa cracking down so unless you had disabled them before the update or can find the older software there isnt a way to disable the codes i would do as neonhomer suggests and buy some spark plug non foulers drill the hole out of one and screw them together and them the sensor and reinstall that will dumb the sensor down enough the code will not be set done it to several vehicles that had p0420 codes to get buy back in the day.
    i have the old software.

is this JTEC only? a lot of people use HPT for race applications, not being able to turn off the code would be a big issue...
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

well i don't have a bung for the rear o2 lol.

i zip tied it to the frame... when it was 70-80f outside... i didn't get any codes. but once it dropped down to the 40s or lower. the code starting coming on and it won't go away.

if i weld a o2 bung in and just install the o2 i wonder if it will throw a code??

i guess i could do all this. pretty annoying.
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Potential Tuner
    after what version o2 removal is disabled? i see codes are grey ...

Tuner in Training
    after doing some research on the subject the option to disable the oxygen sensors was disable for everyone who hasnt done the Advanced Parameter Training on hp tuners website you will need to log into your account and take the training it takes about a half and hour with a test at the end. all it is for is to cover hp tuners with the epa to allow them to provide the tuning software, you the end user need to know that you and you alone are violating federal emissions not hp tuners but after you complete the training and link it to your account the option to disable those codes is returned to you.
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Dutsov View Post
    after what version o2 removal is disabled? i see codes are grey ...
    need parameter access
    Last edited by LilSick; 08-19-2023 at 12:43 AM.

I did the anti fouler trick and it's been working fine
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Tuner in Training
    If you go into the editor, under the help tab. Click on "Parameter Access". It will take you to a website where you have to take a online test about emissions systems. Then it lets you change/disable emissions related options.

The old leave the rear O2 plugged in and ziptied out of the way only works on the 96-98 vehicles. These were the JTEC that only looked for a smooth voltage in the rear O2. The 99+ JTEC+, as with all manufactures about this time, added a "test" where the PCM will randomly run a little lean then a little rich during cruise to oversaturate the cat and it is looking for the rear O2 voltage to go low then high.