Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New user please help

Tuner in Training
    Okay so pretty well just click and open everything make changes where needed i already saved a file from my truck i was looking into it and seen alot of parameters and thats when i decided to come to the forum for help haha

Tuner in Training
    Do i have to go through and change them one by one or is there a magic button?

Tuner in Training
    Got a cel light will check when i gey back home

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kstwrt91 View Post
    Got a cel light will check when i gey back home
    Upload the file you changed here. The one you uploaded to your truck. I'll review it.

Also, find what P-code DTC is tripping and post it.

Ugh sorry forgot about P0605. If it's P0605 write-entire the original file. Then set P0605 to 'No Error Reported" in the Engine Diag section. Write calibration again.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 11-16-2022 at 02:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It was p0605 issue is resolved the truck seemed to run better but 5 star had it a little more snappy when you gave it gas its close though

Senior Tuner
    Give this a shot. Just changed the driver demand table. Disabled P0605, of course.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    So i can use my tune file and change it as needed since there wont be as many changes? How'd you learn all this stuff just trial and error or is there some videos to watch?

Senior Tuner
    Yeah just change your tune file to match. Copy-paste then change the last value of the vertical axis.

Pretty much all the videos are uninformative or bait (Elite Tuning School). Fundamentally it's knowing how engines work. Fill in the blanks by learning from this forum. Still learning.

Tuner in Training
    Be nice to have it snappy in all gears then when hits 6th drop the rpm down low so it just cruises and gets decent mpg in road gear then when ya throttle it it down shift back to being nasty. I just want everything is that too much to ask. Haha

Senior Tuner
    The last change didn't help? It should have given more torque with less pedal movement. Define snappy.

Tuner in Training
    I havent gotten to it yet been busy unfortunately

Tuner in Training
    Hey do you think this new tune is going to hurt my truck any haha its a runner now

Senior Tuner
    Not at all.

Tuner in Training
    Hey on my 2012 only sometimes its a delay from stop to first like delay then it will grab and the 08 when it gets warm it wont go to overdrive any idea what to look at

Senior Tuner
    Adjust driver demand in the low end.

08 really sounds like you need to change your transmission fluid and filter.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I put the 5 star tune in there again just to compare and i need find out what they did its nice and responsive and i went through mine and your factory axis parameter numbers are different then on mine like different temps?

Senior Tuner
    Post a copy of it.

Advanced Tuner
    Correct read it out with hpt and post up

Tuner in Training
    do you want me to email you a copy of my factory log? sorry with everything going on kids sick Christmas then kids sick again i just got back to even thinking about doing anything