Thread: E40 T56 TCM needed?

Tuner in Training

E40 T56 TCM needed?

Im pretty sure I do not need a TCM but wanted to ask as i havent found any info.
    Are there any odd issues I may run into like cruise control not working correctly

The details:
    square body s10 using factory SyTy electric speedo
    2006 TBSS computer that im using an SSR OS on
    GTO T56 with no VSS because its been converted to accept a transfer case which does have a VSS(NP149 from a Silverado SS)
    Repinning an 06 auto harness to SSR manual pinouts
    Using car throttle body and throttle pedal
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

Does a manual trans SSR have a TCM?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Does a manual trans SSR have a TCM?
    I have no idea, very few people I’m sure have even laid hands on a manual trans SSR so it’s not the easiest thing the research.
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

Senior Tuner
    No they didn't.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

You're building the thing and haven't looked at the wiring diagrams? I think it might be a good idea to do that sooner than later.

Tuner in Training
    You're building the thing and haven't looked at the wiring diagrams? I think it might be a good idea to do that sooner than later.
    you know i was trying to not be a dick when you replied the first time but FU. I have the diagram straight off of all data, but it doesnt specify manual or auto on the ECM pinout and since there is a lack of a TCM its not 100%.

Trust me i dont need your advice, my two daily drivers are a LY6 swapped 65 lincoln and a cummins swapped 70 K20, so once again FU keyboard warrior.
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    No they didn't.
    Thank you for the confirmation, One of those rare oddball combinations that hardly anyone has ever seen. I also figured asking would benefit anyone in the Future that searches as thats what i did first and didnt come across anything that has referenced an SSR manual trans
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38

why u mad, kidd? u mad cuz Alldata doesn't have what you need to do this? Funny thing is, GM service data does break it out into auto or manual.

You need real diagrams.

https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions

Will be the best $22 measly goddamn dollars you spend on this project. I'm sure you'll thank me later, because you seem like such a nice guy.

screenshot.29-10-2022 20.36.10.png

screenshot.09-11-2022 00.49.18.png

screenshot.09-11-2022 00.49.36.png

(M32 is auto, M12 is manual)
    screenshot.09-11-2022 00.50.16.png

But remember, I'm just a keyboard warrior, so to preserve your pride you should probably not take any of my advice.

Tuner in Training
    But remember, I'm just a keyboard warrior, so to preserve your pride you should probably not take any of my advice.
    Oh don’t worry I’m not. I already got that info by the time I checked back in here. One of the advantages of working at a dealership for 6 years and having friends. The problem with you is you’re an arrogant prick.
    Didn’t ask for your advice and have previously told you I don’t care to hear what you think. Oh and speaking of where you tried to flap your lips months ago when I was trying to get my idle to smooth out, yea you said put shit back stock and guess what my tune is far from stock now and cranks and runs perfect. I’ll be sure to check this again in a few months if you feel so inclined to run off at the mouth.
    65 Lincoln
    LY6 ASA cam
    4L60E
    E38