Thread: L5p tune revision needed or new tunes

Potential Tuner

L5p tune revision needed or new tunes

My 2017 silverado l5p is running weird my vpos goes from 45% at 75mph to 15%. And everytime I hit the gas my truck surges and it kind of cuts off power

Banned
    Are you running sotf tunes?

Potential Tuner
    Similar issues, the truck runs fine after writing the tunes. Shut the truck off, the next time I start it up it runs strange. High idle never kicks in, but if you bump the throttle at all it jumps to 1200 RPM and just stays there and never drops until you shift out of park. When you shift back in to park same thing (This happen if the engine is cold or at temp on a hot day). Exhaust break doesn't work and when you drive its very jumpy with the power dropping off/surging to life. It can barley make it up inclines and the turbo spool doesn't sound right. If I write the tunes again all these issues disappear on the first drive, but when I turn the truck off and start it again all the trouble is back. Thoughts/Advice???

19' L5P, full delete, down pipe, 5" exhaust, Stealth 67v2 turbo, Wehrli intake and piping, Motor-Ops SOTF ECM and TCM tuning
    Last edited by Instagreg; 02-14-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Banned
    If you want to send me the tune i can take a look at it.

Tuner in Training
    Have similar issues . I found it helps mine when trans temp reaches 142+ then I turn off the truck and turn it back on.. then it’s fine till it cools down again. No boost with throttle because vanes wide open, at idle they close making boost before it’s restarted . Gdp said they “sent log and tune to their engineeers”
    2019 Silverado 2500 High Country Duramax
    2008 6.4 Powerstroke