Thread: HP Tuner MPVI3, using more then 1 computer and credit ?s.....

Potential Tuner

HP Tuner MPVI3, using more then 1 computer and credit ?s.....

Hello, I'm getting ready to buy MPVI3, but I some questions. Will I be able to use more then one computer when tuning and not lose my credits I already purchased my gm gen 3 pcm? Also, I have some older laptops, that have seen better days, so if 1 dies, or if I buy a new laptop, do I lose my credits for my pcm or are the credits loaded in the mpvi3 device,? Are the credits associated to the vin number of the pcm? Also I can read, edit, just can not write to the pcm without using credits correct? I want to make sure on a few things before I screw something up, cause I know I will. This has been a long time coming, finally at the point to start tuning my Ls swap or atleast here it run.

Thank you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you can use the MPVI3 on more than one computer when tuning and you will NOT lose any credits purchased.

No you do NOT lose your credits for your pc, the credits are physically stored on the MPVI3 device.

Credits can be associated with a variety if unique identifiers in the vehicles ECM, not limited to just the vin number.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"