Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read first before posting questions about Cummins deletes!

I will likely get banned again but apparently all my posts according to HP Tuners are of little worth, inaccurate and false. I speak nothing but from personal experience and knowledge and don?t lie or deceive anyone about anything in any way.

Potential Tuner
    If I?m reading this right if I buy the right stuff thru go tuners I could perhaps delete and tun my own truck if I could set my own parameters. I?ve been wanting to do my own tuning without have to take it somewhere cause that?s alto much hassle to me rather than not learning to do it all myself, if I?m wrong in my assumption then let me know, thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Need Help Guys!

Headed back to my shop in Tennessee, and my RAM 2500 truck just went into "Service DEF System"...? I have all my Tunning Tools with me. How can I disable the system??

Thanks!!

Tuner in Training
    Have my ECU licensed. Looking at menu...?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chaser View Post
    Need Help Guys!

Headed back to my shop in Tennessee, and my RAM 2500 truck just went into "Service DEF System"...? I have all my Tunning Tools with me. How can I disable the system??

Thanks!!
    Did you read this thread? You cannot just check boxes in HPTunners and have it off. If you have not, re-read this thread as it describes why you cannot do that. You can however use HPtunners scanner to read the current ECU codes to Diagnose then fix the issue with your Def system.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I've scanned ECU and recorded the codes. And your right, I remember something about the ram ECU having to be sent off and modified. Hard to think straight, in the heat, on the side of the road.
    Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chaser View Post
    Thanks, I've scanned ECU and recorded the codes. And your right, I remember something about the ram ECU having to be sent off and modified. Hard to think straight, in the heat, on the side of the road.
    Thanks!
    no, you can tune it with other platforms but as far as hp tuners go you cannot, you have to use other programs such as hex editor>? and mod the parameters outside of hp tuners. im currrently researching how thats done so i dont know much but i also believe efi has made them harder to access aswell havent messed with efi much someone will correct me im sure this place is harsh in here

There is only one platform available that has the parameters easily accessible in their software to change emissions parameters. For EFI Live, you need to learn how to create a CAX file, and know/understand the hex address of the scalar/vector/table in the ECM to manually modify. EFI Live does not limit the address space that you are able to modify. With HP Tuners, the User Defined Parameters can be used for some ECM's, but they limit the address space available for modification. I really wish they would just open it up, and those that don't know what they are doing may brick an ECM or two...
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Quote Originally Posted by TruckCare View Post
    If I?m reading this right if I buy the right stuff thru go tuners I could perhaps delete and tun my own truck if I could set my own parameters. I?ve been wanting to do my own tuning without have to take it somewhere cause that?s alto much hassle to me rather than not learning to do it all myself, if I?m wrong in my assumption then let me know, thanks.
    I understand your desire to learn to tune your truck yourself (that's what I did with my 2010), but it is quite complicated. You will need to determine all the different parameters that need to be changed in the ECM and their address space (it is not just a simple scalar on/off switch). Then you will need to determine which platform will allow you to make those changes to those addresses. I know it sucks, but I recommend going with a known tuner for this job.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P 2.0 View Post
    I will likely get banned again but apparently all my posts according to HP Tuners are of little worth, inaccurate and false. I speak nothing but from personal experience and knowledge and don?t lie or deceive anyone about anything in any way.
    Glad to have you back Jim! Hopefully you don't get banned again. Like the new user name

Quote Originally Posted by jfreemanak View Post
    Glad to have you back Jim! Hopefully you don't get banned again. Like the new user name
    Thanks Jared. Kinda absurd my account was banned in the first place. I speak nothing but truths and realities and I think some of those truths and realities just weren?t liked. Another person was banned for offering openly on the forums deletes. I?ve never openly offered that on the forums itself, not that I can recall anyways. I know how on the Cummins and the Duramax LML?s and refuse to give out that know how.

Hoping soon to be getting back into actual operating system coding soon here and continue with my coding projects I had going on.

Potential Tuner
    So I had my truck tuned by someone and needed them to retune for new tires and adjust a few things but have now found out they are no longer able to tune. So is there no way to retrieve the file myself and correct what I need done with my hptuner or am I SOL and have to spend another $600+ to get my truck returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensterb93 View Post
    So I had my truck tuned by someone and needed them to retune for new tires and adjust a few things but have now found out they are no longer able to tune. So is there no way to retrieve the file myself and correct what I need done with my hptuner or am I SOL and have to spend another $600+ to get my truck returned.
    Unfortunately, you will need to find a new tuner for your truck.

Potential Tuner
    Hola, me pongo en contacto con ustedes porque uno en el que el motor ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 2011 al leer la información del veh?*culo con el TDM eliminó toda la información del VCM. Ahora estoy tratando de leer el veh?*culo y el software dice "el protocolo falló", ¿cómo puedo proceder en este caso?

Not sure why my account was banned exactly but the pop up basically made it sound like I was just posting false and incorrect information which is BS as everything I have shared here in the forums is based off personal experiences and knowledge. Some I had said just purely wasn?t liked by HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Jim ,

Saw this to late myself ( great info though) . I wasnt trying to retune but was trying to do a read from the truck and boom just like you said (dead truck). I grabbed one of your 2012 stock files and brought it back to life lol. this truck was deleted and so know all the egr codes are flowing (shit show) but it does run and drive . Now time to redelete not using HP lol. I hope more people see this before they perform a read