Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read first before posting questions about Cummins deletes!

Banned

Read first before posting questions about Cummins deletes!

I?ll put this up here as a read before posting questions about deletes, due to lazy nature I doubt it will actually be read first before questions get posted about deletes, but I digress?

HP Tuners does NOT support emissions deletes!!!

Period!!!

There is NO available parameters in the software to delete emissions. And no, simply attempting to turn off emissions related DTC?s does NOT make a vehicle capable of emissions delete. Your vehicle WILL be in limp mode!!!

Any diesel vehicle that is tuned with HP Tuners that is emissions deleted has been done so through user defined parameters where available or completely outside of what can be seen within the HP Tuners software or completely outside of HP Tuners all together and then read with HP Tuners.

If you have a vehicle that is already tuned by someone else and by another tuning device and is either emissions deleted or not emissions deleted, DO NOT ATTEMPT to read the vehicle with HP Tuners unless your desire is to turn your vehicle into a giant lawn ornament!!! Be forewarned that if you have the idea of reading out someone?s EFILive delete tune or whatever because you want to tune your vehicle yourself and not have to pay for a retune or whatever your reason is, you will have a dead vehicle!!!

If you want to delete tune yourself and own a 2007.5-2009 6.7 Cummins, buy EFILive as that does have the needed parameters already mapped out for the 2007.5-2009. If you own a 2007.5-2021 6.7 Cummins and want to delete tune yourself, buy an MM3 and a Warp Tuning license dongle. Otherwise pay someone who knows what they are doing.

In the case someone attempts to read a delete tune and turns their vehicle into a giant lawn ornament, if it is a 2010+, I can generate a STOCK file, STOCK ONLY! That can be flashed to the truck with HP Tuners with matching VIN, ECM serial number to the vehicle for $50USD so the truck can be started again.

Great post Jim. Hopefully people will read this first prior to any posts being made.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Potential Tuner
    Great post thank you

Banned
    Something to keep in mind, there is a likelihood a crashed ECM will require a bench flash to be recovered.

I wonder why reading locks up the ecu. I had a stock CM2200 i tried reading that also did this, and i got it fixed by someone creating a file for me. I eventually used an older version of HPT which did a virtual read in order to get the stock file from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Something to keep in mind, there is a likelihood a crashed ECM will require a bench flash to be recovered.
    Jim, can you make a file for remote flash with Delete Emissions and AdBlue ?

Potential Tuner
    hi can you help me I have some Ram 3500 6.7 2019,2020 and 2021 to back to stock, can you make stock file with VIN number please

Potential Tuner
    I?ll put this up here as a read before posting questions about deletes, due to lazy nature I doubt it will actually be read first before questions get posted about deletes, but I digress?

Period!!!

There is NO available parameters in the software to delete emissions. And no, simply attempting to turn off emissions related DTC?s does NOT make a vehicle capable of emissions delete. Your vehicle WILL be in limp mode!!!

Any diesel vehicle that is tuned with HP Tuners that is emissions deleted has been done so through user defined parameters where available or completely outside of what can be seen within the HP Tuners software or completely outside of HP Tuners all together and then read with HP Tuners.

If you have a vehicle that is already tuned by someone else and by another tuning device and is either emissions deleted or not emissions deleted, DO NOT ATTEMPT to read the vehicle with HP Tuners unless your desire is to turn your vehicle into a giant lawn ornament!!! Be forewarned that if you have the idea of reading out someone?s EFILive delete tune or whatever because you want to tune your vehicle yourself and not have to pay for a retune or whatever your reason is, you will have a dead vehicle!!!

If you want to delete tune yourself and own a 2007.5-2009 6.7 Cummins, buy EFILive as that does have the needed parameters already mapped out for the 2007.5-2009. If you own a 2007.5-2021 6.7 Cummins and want to delete tune yourself, buy an MM3 and a Warp Tuning license dongle. Otherwise pay someone who knows what they are doing.

In the case someone attempts to read a delete tune and turns their vehicle into a giant lawn ornament, if it is a 2010+, I can generate a STOCK file, STOCK ONLY! That can be flashed to the truck with HP Tuners with matching VIN, ECM serial number to the vehicle for $50USD so the truck can be started again.
    Hi can you help me, i have some Ram 6.7 2020 to back to stock file, can you make file with Vin number please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robson View Post
    Hi can you help me, i have some Ram 6.7 2020 to back to stock file, can you make file with Vin number please
    Send me a pm with the vin numbers and the s/n and e/c number off the ECM?s.

Potential Tuner
    Jim I need help with a stock file 2011 call or text me please 2316243458

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lb7dmaxblackbetty View Post
    Jim I need help with a stock file 2011 call or text me please 2316243458
    I can be pm?d on what you need and go from there

i have a 2019 nissan titan xd 5.0 cummins i connected to it to try to read and it has bricked the ecm i took the ecm off opened it up and ktag can not communicate with it either so i guess i will be throwing this in the trash this is shitty business enough to make people buy another brand tuning software for sure thanks hptuners for the headache

Potential Tuner
    Send me a pm with the vin numbers and the s/n and e/c number off the ECM?s.
    I sent you a PM
    Let me know

Pete

Potential Tuner
    Is there anyone that look at a tune for me? I didn't make the tune and the "company" is no longer around. the tune was loaded 1.5-2 years ago. Iam having 2 issues, first is that at idle I'm get 7hp on the exhaust brake (it is in the off position) and when i take off it climbs to 30-40hp. its been doing this for awhile but i never realized it.
    2- started getting a miss a month ago, replaced CP3, injectors and New turbo, drove great for 950 miles now its dead. cranks but wont run. it is requesting 4600psi from the cp3 and reading 4200-5000 at the injector rail
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DirtyDog; 05-31-2023 at 04:50 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi this happened to me. Tried to read my DPF deleted PCM and it locked me out and now the truck will not start. Any chance I could PM you for assistance on where to go from here?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jtanky View Post
    Hi this happened to me. Tried to read my DPF deleted PCM and it locked me out and now the truck will not start. Any chance I could PM you for assistance on where to go from here?
    did you figure out anything for this? pretty sure i just did the same thing to my truck.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Jim, Can you help me, i have 2016 Nissan Titan XD to back to stock file, can you make file with Vin number please?

Thakk you Ales

Potential Tuner

Period!!!

If you have a vehicle that is already tuned by someone else and by another tuning device and is either emissions deleted or not emissions deleted, DO NOT ATTEMPT to read the vehicle with HP Tuners unless your desire is to turn your vehicle into a giant lawn ornament 2018 cummins dpf delete!!! Be forewarned that if you have the idea of reading out someone?s EFILive delete tune or whatever because you want to tune your vehicle yourself and not have to pay for a retune or whatever your reason is, you will have a dead vehicle!!!

Hello. I have a new 16 Ram that would like to delete sometime but I'm trying to do a little research. I like how quiet the truck is stock but it looks like all the delete kits are either straight piped or a performance muffler. Im coming from a compounded 5.9 that had a magnaflow exhaust and wasnt bad. But I like how quiet this truck is inside. I dont mind a little rumble or turbo noise just seeing how I can preserve it the best I can. Any recommendations? Also is the SCR system after the DPF a muffler? Can it stay on? Dont mean to sound like a noob but its my first time messing with the systems on the 2016's.

For some reason Jim P has been banned from the forum. He can be reached at [email protected].

Admins, Please delete if not allowed.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Tuner in Training
    looks like powerstrokecustoms was banned as well. have to email them.