Thread: 2010 - 6L80 Silverado T/H Downshifts

Tuner in Training

2010 - 6L80 Silverado T/H Downshifts

Have this trans shifting really good. I have the downshifts in Tow / Haul coming in early and basically rev matching downshifts to keep the rpms up going into and coming out of corners. When cruising slow, it's really mellow, when driving aggressive, it shifts aggressive. It's nearly perfect as far as shift points.

However, if I'm driving really aggressive, it shifts even more aggressive and the 2-1 shift is a little higher than what I'd like in those circumstances. They're all perfect except in the 5% of the time you're coming in hot to a corner and hammer the brake in the 2-1, then it revs and shifts to a pretty high rpm.

Can someone tell me how to calm the T/H real time adapt or lower the limit to which the 2-1 will shift during T/H?

Here's a vid of the truck, fast forward to 3:00 to hear the one easy rev shift.

https://youtu.be/8j8qDKEbrTI

Tuner
    Assuming you're referring to the downshifts around the 3:15 mark, datalog your commanded shifts. Take note of the realtime mph during the downshift mph of concern. Once you know the mph of the downshift, see what the shift schedule table has configured for that downshift transition. You can lower the mph within that area.

Feel free to share datalogs for others to review and weigh in. Good luck!
    **Capt. Ron - 7th Dist. Fire**

look for WillRyan on here , he gives a nice detail walk thru on finding the sweet spot