Thread: 2012 WRX Unable to read ECM

Tuner

2012 WRX Unable to read ECM

I updated my MPVI2 and updated to the latest stable version of HP Tuners software. I am getting an error. It says: "Controller Unlocker: x35 Invalid Key" Not sure if i am missing something stupid or just dealing with a ECM with a non stock ROM. Any help would be awesome.

Tuner
    Figured it out. This software only supports the STI models not the regular WRX. That's disappointing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer7g View Post
    Figured it out. This software only supports the STI models not the regular WRX. That's disappointing.
    That?s not true. I have my 13 WRX tuned with HP. You need to use the latest beta version of VCM Editor if you?re not already. Beyond that, you need to ensure your ecm is on the factory rom.

Tuner
    Ok. Thanks. I'll try the Beta version. What about all the other issues I have read about the tuning for Subaru on HP. Has it been resolved?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer7g View Post
    Ok. Thanks. I'll try the Beta version. What about all the other issues I have read about the tuning for Subaru on HP. Has it been resolved?
    Not yet. Supposedly they are working out some logistical matters before they can release the ?mass updated? version.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationDriftL43 View Post
    Not yet. Supposedly they are working out some logistical matters before they can release the ?mass updated? version.
    The first ticket I opened about all of this was on July 6th, 2022.