Thread: Laptimes issue in speed-up video

Potential Tuner

Laptimes issue in speed-up video

Hi,

I want to crate video at x4 normal speed. So I set video play speed at x4 as well as telemetry file at x4 speed.
    On display it all looks correct: telemetry is changing and increased rate and so is the video.
    But lap timer works incorrectly
    It shows lap time OK with increased speed, but when I cross start/finish line it shows 0:00.000 as a previous lap time.
    Any suggestions?

PS.: Same problem but with different config: https://youtu.be/6Tc1YBRgw7w

Wojtek
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by prezes_wojtek; 11-10-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It seems that when I update the Play Speed on the data file that RaceRender does not preserve the existing lap times. When I click on the Laps button (next to "Create Video"), it looks like the lap times are drastically altered after updating the Play Speed.

Data at x1 speed:
    Datax1.jpg

Data at x4 speed:
    Datax4.jpg

Most things seem to work okay when updating the Play Speed in RaceRender, but the lap times don't appear to be one of them. I was hoping that you could simply select all of the lap times when editing the laps and use them in "custom edited" lap times, but it seems that time can only be displayed at x1 time. I could try to put together a Display Object that calculates the "current" lap number and "current" lap time by applying a multiplier to a second copy of the same data file (at Play Speed of 1) to calculate what the x4 time/lap at the current x1 time would be if you think that might be helpful. I've done something similar in the past for displaying "previous" autocross runs or sectors using lap times even though the "current" lap is #1.

However, it would probably be easier to Render the video and data at normal speed in RaceRender so that you have a complete video that plays at normal speed. Then you could import that video into a second video editor (or even RaceRender again in a template that only has the previously rendered video) to speed up the video to the desired rate (e.g. x4). Ideally, RaceRender would just work as is, but it doesn't appear that the current edition properly handles the data file length compared to the lap time, and doesn't update the lap times appropriately. A custom display object might resolve that, but I don't think it would resolve the heading values of the car on your track map.