Thread: Spark source Torque control

Advanced Tuner

Spark source Torque control

I've read and read and still don't understand why my car pulls spark from torque control rather than borderline MP's. I also only get this from 3300-3800 rpms. After that it's all borderline. It's basically right when I snap the throttle. I have read about changing max torque 1 and 2 and setting the spark cut torque ratio to 1 and that should solve it. I have not tried it, just wanted to verify since I am getting mixed answers that I've read within the forums. Also I log knock and it almost always has a value from -1 to -3.5 throughout the rpms at wot. I'm assuming this means there's a little bit left of timing I can further advance. Car is a '20 GT m6. Thanks

Sounds like tip-in retard . Post your file

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GSLSE20B View Post
    Sounds like tip-in retard . Post your file
    I'll take a fresh one on my way home

Advanced Tuner
    I could not get a current log due to the weather here but Here is a log after making the first timing changes. The torque control is there as you can see. This is a longer driving log with a couple small WOT pulls near the middle of the log.
    The v4 log is the same tune in the evening after work. Similar log, same tune, just in the evening.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pistol_91; 11-10-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Alright so i was able to have the spark source pull only from the borderline MPs by turning off anti-shuffling. My next question is as ive been adding timing slowly to some of the MPs and ive noticed on the knock correction the car has been adding even more timing compared to the first initial timing log. Off the stock tables it would add somewhere up to 3.5*. Now its showing around 5* of being added. To me, this makes no sense. You think it would get less and less as i added more and more but it seems to be the opposite effect here. Am i missing something?

Advanced Tuner
    It depends on which tables you're adding timing to and what your knock advance limit is.

Advanced Tuner
    I figured it out.. All good now. Thanks!