Thread: Fuel: Delta Lambda Factor and 2nd Fuel

Advanced Tuner

Fuel: Delta Lambda Factor and 2nd Fuel

Target Lambda seems obvious, but Delta Lambda Factor and Lambda 2nd Fuel not so much.

I've seen it switch between Target and 2nd fuel, but no clue why. I can only assume Delta has something to do with it? If so, why, and what triggers it?
    2nd fuel suggest to me it's most likely for Ethanol, but my car isn't flex fuel. Not that I think it would need a 2nd chart, unless maybe it's for open loop?

Delta Lambda Factor: What and why? With a 0 on up to 1 for values I assume it's choosing between two charts, or a blend of them. I have two fuel charts, but it doesn't follow the Delta chart... Maybe the Delta chart isn't used at all, or maybe something needs to trigger it, like Ethanol? It would make sense if 0 was gas, 1 was E85, and any # in between was for lower Ethanol percentages? But then the Delta chart wouldn't have loads/rpms, it would simply be one value which is based on % Ethanol.

Also note the odd out of place values in the oem chart I circled. Mistake?

Sometimes I notice steady freeway cruizing is on 2nd fuel, so I made the 2nd fuel map the same as the primary and problem solved, but I still want to know why these two charts exist and what triggers them?

Delta Lambda Factor.jpg
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Advanced Tuner
    I changed my fuel maps back to Target being more lean and 2nd fuel being richer. Just to see. Again, I can watch it switch back n forth while under load.
    So nobody knows why or anything?
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909