Thread: Fuel: Power Enrichment (Driver Demand)

Advanced Tuner

Fuel: Power Enrichment (Driver Demand)

Fuel Power Enrichment "Driver Demand" chart:

I can only assume this exists to compensate for the slow-ass fuel enrichment via the Lambda chart, to prevent ping and retard, but it's not any faster, so why does it exist? Plus the enrichment doesn't follow the chart so it I really don't see the point.
    The chart columns are RPM, fine. The rows are Torque, three rows; 80, 90 & 100%. Ok, 80% of what? My 885 max "Internal Torque", 80% load? It can't be 80% of my of my actual max because that varies. I'd assume the 885 Internal, but I'm unlikely to hit 80% so again pointless.

Oem is 1.00 in all cells. Why, I don't know.
    The second example pix seems to work?
    The third example kills it.
    If I set the 80% x 3500rpm to anything other than 1.00, it'll make 80% x 3500 AND everything below it that value. In this case .922, so idle, cruising at 25 or 60, doesn't matter. .922.

So what is this chart really?

Power Enrichment.jpg
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    I put everything back to 1.00 besides 100% seems to be running it?s best like that. I set 3500 and up to .885

Imagine this map as the final stage of fine tuning.

First you need to get all your Target Lambda for example 0.800 in the WOT areas
    Then when both WB_EQ on both banks reads nearly the same as what you set 0.800
    now you can go change the Power Enrichment map to what you desire examle 0.780 Lambda.

You will notice the EQ_CMD is the same as what you set on Power Enrichment.

The Trq Percentage axis (%) is how much the car is making out off the Normalize Torque for example 885 Nm which is 100% Trq Percentage as the ECU see's it.
    Changing the 80% row you will be changing everything below 80% so you will be affecting the idle, cruise, and 80% Power.

Yes I said idle and cruise because this map is always ON its not like you have to be WOT, and as I said in the beginning you could use it for fine tuning !

P.S OEM sets it to 1.00 because they dont use it they just go by the Target Lambda maps.
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks outlaw, that 885 part makes sense, as does the <80% since there is no row below 80 to stop it. However, if 3000 x 80% and below are 1.00, that should, in my mind, turn this chart off at 3000 and below. So hows does 3500 x 80% override that?
    Maybe I'll play with it some more, out of curiousity, but it seems redundant with the target lambda already covering everything.
    Or does this chart do something target cannot? Like if it's open loop? Or some fault condition? Like when an O2 faults out and is no longer reading?

Potential Tuner
    Think accelerator pump on a carb. In my experience, the ECU will generally take the lowest target lambda from the currently available sources. Based on Outlaw's info and my experience with other vehicles, you would essentially leave the 80% row alone and put in lower values for the higher percentages. More fuel when you stand on it.

As I'm understanding it, you'd start blending the first rows as you pass 80%, and that value takes over if it becomes lower than the currently active lambda.

An example modification would be to change the row values to 75, 76, 100 and set more enrichment in the last rows if you wanted it to come on immediately after 75%. I'm not certain, but I think it's common for the LS guys to bring in a bunch of enrichment early like that, possibly even closer to 50%.

It's unclear whether the percentages actually refer to torque or pedal position, but it's pedal based either way.

Advanced Tuner
    I assumed that first, but it doesn't do that. Or if it does, it's no faster than the usual fuel map, which makes it useless. Unless it has some value when there's a fault, which I mentioned in the other post about trims. But even then, I'll never hit 80% of 885, and certainly not 90. 885 is what outlaw said 100% it was based on, which makes sense because what else could it be?
    So the way I see it I'd need to adjust those % rows to something like 40, 50 & 100. Then hope tampering with that didn't upset some other hidden chart(s).

Then there's also the question; why does a value in the 3500 column change the 3000 and less columns if 3000 is 1.00? Nobody ever touches that question, which I've asked quite a few times.

To test and get a clearer idea:
    - change the whole 80% row to 0.800 lambda
    - start the car and run scanner with EQ_commanded channel added

while idling you'll notice that the EQ_commanded is 0.800 which will get you the idea that this table is always on top of others BUT sometimes it blends and sometimes it overrides !
    It needs time to get it wrapped up your head and thats the beauty of MB !!
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

Advanced Tuner
    I know doing the whole 80% row will cause it, but if set per the pix then 3k and below should have zero enrichment from this chart, but that's not what happens.
    If set per the pix it will command a min of .922 at ALL times.
    If I put a 1.00 in that 3500 x 80 cell I circled, then this chart is off at cruise/idle. So imo it's broken. I guess the question is it my car, Bosch, or HP? My $ is on the latter.

Power Enrichment 3k.jpg