Thread: Spark: Catalyst Retard

Advanced Tuner

Spark: Catalyst Retard

Spark Retard for Cat Heating is frustrating.

Disabling it, if I'm successful, doesn't actually disable it. Meaning if I disable and unsuccessful, it'll continue to work and give full retard, zero change.
    If successful it won't really be disabled, but instead act like the values are 0. I know this because I can enable it and zero out all the cells and it makes no difference that I can see.

Since it's still working either way, and 0 is the value, then it goes to 0 when in Cat Heating mode at idle. So my idle is almost always 0 instead the 15 or more it's supposed to be. Not a big deal now, but it is in summer. Mostly it just annoys me.
    It also affects timing elsewhere so I'm usually not following the spark tables, depending on how it feels that is, which I assume is it going in and out of cat heating mode. So above idle it seems to blend it, like oem does. So outside of idle it doesn't go to the value in the cell, but a blend of say 20 and 0 might = 15, or 10. The oem values do the same but they're -30 they pull 20 down much further, but not actually to -30.

Is there another way to truly disable it? Or maybe something else is upsetting it and forcing it On? Like if I enable "Manual Turbo", for example, it will force Cat Spark Heating to Disable, meaning still working as described above.

I've tried making the retard #'s positive, but that's tricky and I have not been successful at making it any better.
    Check out those gnarly oem retard #'s in the pix. I've seen other peoples oem #'s and they're usually much less. When I do decide to run retard, to experiment, I lower these values because those are just stupid.

Cat Spark Retard.jpg
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner
    hey so there is a spark table for heating you may want to check out

Advanced Tuner
    Other than the one I'm asking about?
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909