Thread: TCC Disable in 1st -4th gears

Potential Tuner

TCC Disable in 1st -4th gears

Hi Everyone

I want to make my first tune for my 2015 Sierra 5.3. I am planning on disabling the convertor lockup in 1st thru 4th gears. I am making the changes in Normal and Pattern A (tow/haul) Pattern B is already set disabled.

My question is: I am safe to assume I need to make the changes in the hot Trans section as well?

thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    Hi Everyone

I want to make my first tune for my 2015 Sierra 5.3. I am planning on disabling the convertor lockup in 1st thru 4th gears. I am making the changes in Normal and Pattern A (tow/haul) Pattern B is already set disabled.

My question is: I am safe to assume I need to make the changes in the hot Trans section as well?

thanks
    Or maybe it doesn't matter in hot trans if normal and both patterns are disabled....

I only do the normal table. Never touched the pattern a or b etc etc etc.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I only do the normal table. Never touched the pattern a or b etc etc etc.

I found from a different source that the Hot Trans field should not be disabled. Locking up the TC would help cool down the trans if indeed it gets to the Hot trans parameters.

Senior Tuner
    I wouldn't treat the hot trans table like a situation you get into normally. That is like the trans is super hot.. I want to say like 260 degrees or something.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

under Torque managment tab... got to Torque reduction tab, disable everything in the boxes except for Neutral Down skip, and set Speed Control Terminate to Immediate.

then follow this guys set up for the tcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPyW_mcyNC0

enjoy : )