Thread: Advise for first time tuner L83/T56 Magnum

Potential Tuner

Advise for first time tuner L83/T56 Magnum

So I recently started a project car, its a 1970 C10 SWB. I've mated a L83 from a 2014 Silverado to a T56 magnum and its time to figure out the computer programming. The engine didn't come with a ECU or harness so I had to buy a E92 ECU from ebay along with a harness. I'm using a returnless PWM setup utilizing the MU2101 Camaro fuel pump and fuel pump driver I bought on Rockauto. For cooling I'm using the PWM fans from the 14 Silverado. I put a LT2 manifold with a LT5 throttle body on the engine. I also want to try using a keyless ignition from a 2014 corvette if possible. I bought a MPVI3 with two universal credits and have a bench top harness to use for programming. So the question I guess is where do I start? Should I start with a stock 2014 Silverado tune or since it has a T56 should I start with a Camaro tune as my base? I might be out of my depth here but this is very interesting to me and I would love to learn at least enough to be dangerous. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would have suggested starting with some tuning first before taking on all that wiring.

I would suspsect your going to run into all kinds of ECM codes as the gen V stuff talks to other controllers on the vehicle. You can disable a lot of the codes and what not. But this will be a complicated project.

But youtube may help Goat Rope Garage and Reckless Motorsports USA Should be good places to learn some stuff.

L83 is Gen V I think. Youll need to find content thats Gen V specific.

With a setup like that I might consider an stand alone ECM

Senior Tuner
    GEN 5 swaps aren't as straight forward as earlier ones.

I'm not sure you'll be able to get that to work without a clutch input. Absolutely needs speedo input. Have you thought about one of the GMPP connect and cruise harness/computers.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs