Thread: Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 3.6L V6 8 SPEED 4WD TCM ZF8HP2

Potential Tuner

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 3.6L V6 8 SPEED 4WD TCM ZF8HP2

I have Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 V6 3.6L 4WD TCM ZF8HP2. This car doesn't have PADDLE SHIFTER BUTTONS.
    I got my Transmission damaged and burnt its tcm inside the gearbox. After I change the whole transmission from a car JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2018 V6 3.6L . That car might have PADDLE SHIFTER BUTTONS. In my car the car is running well. But when driving my MANUAL + - not working.

Now I am not understanding what to do! OLD TCM is burnt. No communication.

ZF8HP2

This TCM FILE I am attaching. If anybody can give me a solution. That will be very helpful for me. Thank you.Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 4WD ZF8HP2 TCM.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I looked over your tune and could please give some more details when you say "MANUAL + - not working". have you logged to see which shift id its using and put those tables back to stock. I get the same situation when I place the wrong data on the wrong side. My 8hp70 uses pattern 27 and 28. log shift ID in the scanner. Or seeing how its a new trans did you reset adaptives are there any DTC?

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for reply. There is no DTC. Car running well in the D. Shifting also very smooth. But when I put shift lever from D to MANUAL. There shows the engaged gear like 3,4,5 . But when I take the lever to + or - to make the gear upshift or downshift, not works + or -. It remains in the same gear. I press + to upshift or I press - to make downshift, not works at all.

Tuner
    Hello,

I would assume your current set up is the standard stock shifter. It has a different CAN communication if compared to paddle shift.
    To potentially make it to work, you would need to flash the TCM with the exactly file from production. Than, you would be able to use HP Tuners to tweak around.

Tuner in Training
    Make sure you don't have a standard shift map in place of your paddle or manual shift maps. I do this if I want to cancel out MDS. Example would be place map 7 from aggression maps into map 27 (paddles) or map 28 (autostick). Then it will be running a standard shift and the paddles or autostick won't work and it will shift as a regular shift schedule using map 7 in manual mode.