Thread: Ls swap 3rd gen Camaro larger injectors

Tuner in Training

Ls swap 3rd gen Camaro larger injectors

Hey Im getting ready to fire up my third gen swap for the first time it?s a 5.3 from a 1999 Silverado. I went with 42lbs Ls2 injectors to fit my fast 102 manifold . My question is how do I tune for the larger injectors and for the higher fuel pressure since Im running a corvette regulator at 57 psi.
    The injectors are Bosch 440cc part#0280156030

Chinese 'upgrade' injectors or actual real non-fake LS2 injectors? Because that number isn't used even as an interchange at any of the reputable sources.

edit: And no LS2 was 42lb, they're all 33lb (car LS2s, anyway). LS3 used 42lb but that's a different injector altogether.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 11-12-2022 at 11:28 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes sorry ls3 injectors Bosch 42 lbs high impedance

Real or fake?

Tuner in Training
    Real

These are NOT factory replacement injectors.
    Use the data they supplied, those are not LS3 injectors. (my opinion, you got $30 Chinese injectors with some slick marketing-speak slapped on. good luck.)

I agree with Blind Squirrel. The misspelled words in the ad do not lead me to believe that those injectors are anything other than China trash that are being sold as something they are not. Good luck to you getting them to work correctly. The data you received with them may, or may not, be accurate. If it were me I would return them and try to find a set of injectors that are from a KNOWN verifiable source, with KNOWN working data.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I?ll try and get them to work but you guys probably right I got screwed on these lol. Can I use some stock gtp injectors instead? I was reading that some guys run them in there ls .

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt4209 View Post
    Ok I?ll try and get them to work but you guys probably right I got screwed on these lol. Can I use some stock gtp injectors instead? I was reading that some guys run them in there ls .
    Those look like the SRT4 neon injectors that were popular in the early 2000's Magnachargers came with them for a while. I've had data on them somewhere but if you start off with GTP data and skew the flow rate you'll be closer than you are now.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Got the motor running and idling I found some data floating around on here for the injectors . Need to get some o2s in and my wideband so I can see what the fuel is doing but it is idling fine. I let it run for about 30 seconds with no problems . I do have to keep the throttle open a bit when I first start it then after a few seconds I can close it . Im suspecting I need to tune my iac since I’m running a fast 102 intake with a 102 mm throttle body.

Tuner in Training
    Just redoing the harness from the donor truck . Next will be getting all the accessories and steam vents on