Thread: Tuning courses

Potential Tuner

Tuning courses

I've been playing around tuning my 2005 F350 6.0 for the last couple of weeks. So far I've learned quite a bit on this forum. I've read every thread pertaining to tuning the 6.0 on here. I've done a lot of comparing with other tunes people have shared here, along with my SCT canned files that are on here. It would be nice if the repository still worked.

I'm starting to hit a wall understanding parameters and tables, and there is only so much information here. For instance, I don't understand torque tables, what their purpose is, how to calculate, etc.

Are there any books or online resources that are useful to us tuning HEUI systems? I've been looking around online and the diesel courses seem to only emphasize common rail tuning techniques, and I can't find any material or literature online anywhere about tuning the 6.0. Are the HP academy courses worth it? Are there any books that you guys know of? I don't want to buy an expensive course online only to find it doesn't give much information or help tuning our engines.

I have no problem spending some money and a significant amount of time to really learn this, but I want to get pointed in the right direction.

Banned
    sct had a training cource you can take, the hp academy isnt worth it. just so you know, the 6.0's tuning is going to take you down a long rabbit hole. i only know of a few people who understand and know how to tune them properly. if you want to throw a tune you made out there or email it i can take a look at it and show you where to make adjustments. the canned sct tunes are garbage.

I’ve ran into the same. I’m brand new to software tuning and can’t seem to find anything on HEUI systems. I purchased and completed the HP Academy diesel fundamentals tuning course. It had some good info for me personally 5 or 6 modules into it and there after. I still feel lost afterwards though. Then everywhere I look, I can’t seem to find any help on say, a tow tune, performance tune, to just compare too to see if I’m screwing up completely. Without some type of a guideline, how is anyone suppose to know where to start, without any type of starting point to work with etc?

Banned
    you can post your tune file we take a look and we can kind of guide you into what you need to do.. other than that your going down a long rabbit hole. I've been tuning 7.3 and 6.0's for 15 years. took long time to get things nailed and a lot of dyno time.

Thank you. Not sure if you're responding to my comment or the other one. I haven't figured out any of this system yet. The threads etc.. I'm a Ford master tech. 20 years on the powerstroke this year. Been in business 7 years myself, 5 star all 7. (Facebook anyways. Google hit me with some trolls), 10 years at the dealer. 4 years 100% FRFT at my shop. I started keeping track January 1, 2018. I've seen a few of your post. Reminds me alot of the things I teach people everyday. Theory and Operation is key. SSCC. Any way you and I can talk maybe? Again, I'm not sure how exactly all this works as far as messages, posts, etc just yet. Please bare with me. LOL. I'd probably be better off clicking your link and calling you honestly. Any help or guidance in the right direction is a major plus as I'm sure you already know. I've got some pretty good things going on over here in my world. It appears you do as well. We can exchange and compare notes , know what I'm sayin?

Anyway if I try to get a tune written up for my truck and I tell you the modifications, you could look it over quick to make sure it looks good or if I need to do any changes? If so could you post phone number I can text you

Banned
    You can order tunes off our website.